• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Want To Buy AR190 Bench Seat

H2OBoy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know there are a few on here that have changed out the bench seat in their AR190 to a captians chair. Just checking to see if anyone has one they would like to sell before I order one. The passenger seat in my boat broke and I figure it would be a great time to convert it to a bench. Let me know if you have one.

What part of the seat broke? I am looking to switch out my bench to a captains chair.

The plastic bottom blew out. That seat actually gets very little use and my friends are not on the large side.

Do you have all of the hardware to mount the chair? The post and base etc.?

I do. I just removed the seat yesterday to inspect the damage. Everything is there.

@njmr2fan had the same issue with his seat and installed a wooden bottom to create a new solid base.

Also, what color is the interior on your 2012?

It's white. I can send you some pics.

Please do, I would like to see what it will cost me to swap it out.

Hello H2OBoy ... my 3rd season in this great 19 footer... noticed something wrong with helm seat ... felt the bottom side.. .the plastic base is cracked similar to your's... I'm not a big guy at all... and no one large has been in it...

Did Yamaha not replace this part as being part of the Hull... which is covered for 5 years?... or am I f&%$#@?

how difficult to get seat off pedestal?

i'm hoping I can get the season out of it in its current state... i'll fix in the fall when we put the girl away for the winter... sadly... short season...

this seat should NEVER have broken like this... I'm wondering if it was partially broken when I took delivery and never noticed until it worsened.

@beachbum to be honest I did not reach out to Yamaha on this as I did not feel it was something they would replace and I really did not want to deal with the whole process. I repaired (I say this loosely) mine just as @njmr2fan did his. See link below. There are only 6 screws holding the metal plate to the bottom of the seat.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/my-first-boat-thread.6522/page-3

I have only had the boat out once since the fix but it seems to be working fine.

H2()boy ... thank you so much for the link.

I'm going to press my dealer on the replacement, but in the meantime the repair you have shared could be just fine...

how difficult to "pry" the seat from the post?... is it a compression fitting on the slider or something?...

too rough in the lake for me to go to my boat ... we moor it in front of our house on Lake Erie...

I'm not happy about this broken seat... inferior quality for sure...

i have NOT abused this thing ... nor have I had BIG guys in the seat.

My seat was used very little as well and not by anyone of large size. Not exactly sure how it happened.

If you unscrew the black knob on the bottom of the seat it will lift off the post. I believe you will also need to "unlock" the seat as well as if you were going to swivel it. The post will stay affixed to the boat floor. The biggest issue I had was lining up the new screws as the threaded receivers for them were at various angles due to the way the plastic cracked.

Back