• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR190 Ride plate alignment

Spooling

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
While working on installing my Lucky 13 cone over the weekend, I noticed that the ride plate of my boat sits about a half inch higher than the intake grate. Is this normal? Inside the pump tunnel everything appears to be aligned.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
While working on installing my Lucky 13 cone over the weekend, I noticed that the ride plate of my boat sits about a half inch higher than the intake grate. Is this normal? Inside the pump tunnel everything appears to be aligned.
Yes! That’s normal.

I wouldn’t mess with that. I don’t remember what was @SamCF experience exactly but I think he did not see any speed gains and ended up going back to factory setup, I tried playing with the angle using the “fender washer method”, it made things worse - no gains and boat felt less stable, IIRC.

Spooling

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Phew!!! Thanks swatski

I can't believe I never noticed this before. On my Waverunners they are perfectly aligned. On the boat, I can easily look into the back of the intake grate and see the voids.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Phew!!! Thanks swatski

I can't believe I never noticed this before. On my Waverunners they are perfectly aligned. On the boat, I can easily look into the back of the intake grate and see the voids.
Yessir. And carries over to twins as well.
4B2FA839-E3FD-4161-AF53-AACAB5DF71E5.jpeg

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I tried a few different things on mine. I think it has 1 or 2 added fender washers in the front now. It carries the nose a little higher which can cause a rough ride.