• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR192 cooler on the clean out hatch?

TTU14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Looking to see if anyone has solutions/if it’s possible to carry a RTIC/YETI type cooler sitting in the rear clean out port hatch? There isn’t a whole lot of space inside the boat.

Both companies have tie down kits, but I worry about the strength of the hatch. Anyone have experience tying down a cooler back there?

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
What about securing it to the swim platform? .... sounds like a bigger boat might be in your future!

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have had coolers strapped to the back on jetskis before but not the boat, you could probably make it work with some ties around the tower and back cleats kind of like adding a ballast bag but proceed with caution.

A different cooler maybe a better solution, I have two from AO coolers and they fit perfectly in the console compartment and just about anywhere else on the boat. It's not a Yeti but in my own testing they do just about as good as a Yeti hopper for a fraction of the price. Could probably have 3 in the compartment if you wanted.
IMG_4121.jpeg

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got tired of trying different coolers and moving them around all the time. Always seemed in the way no matter where we put it. When we got the inflatable SUP and started bringing it with us regularly I replaced the bench with a 65 and topped it with a cushion. Happy with it so far and it's my daughter's favorite seat now.

Attachments

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Got tired of trying different coolers and moving them around all the time. Always seemed in the way no matter where we put it. When we got the inflatable SUP and started bringing it with us regularly I replaced the bench with a 65 and topped it with a cushion. Happy with it so far and it's my daughter's favorite seat now.
Good Idea. Fits in there nicely. My wife just bought a Dometic powered cooler https://jetboaters.net/threads/dometic-cfx3-75dz-powered-cooler-refrigerator-freezer-for-the-boat.31170/#post-506240 It would also fit nicely there and add 60 lbs ballast empty. ;)

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's pretty clever!

It's funny that the OP said there's not a lot of room, can you imagine how much less there would be in any other boat? LOL

We got two of these, they fit under the bench perfectly Coleman Stacker link

Two in different colors, one for food, one for drinks. If we have a tie-up, we bring a Coolest cooler and make sure we have friends who will carry that beast on THEIR boat for us!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Sean R

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I have the same coolers, the different colors was a good idea.20200618_101557.jpg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the same coolers, the different colors was a good idea.
When I was looking at those, that was the first thing I was thinking about. I got that same color blue, and a grey one. For some reason, the grey price fluctuates ridiculously. I've seen it as high as $70, no idea why. All I could envision is my wife saying "I wish there was some way to tell which one has the dang drinks in it before you open it up". I also HATE soggy bread when it's been in ice cube water - gel packs only for the food cooler, ice for all the drinks.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a red and a blue stacker. We use the red one for the "dangerous adult beverages". blue one is for kids drinks and food.

I had a Yeti 110 on the rear cleanout hatch of my '17 AR190 last year. Should've taken a picture. We ran 40mph+ across the lake and it didn't budge. Just sitting there. The foam surface has plenty of grip against a fully loaded GIANT cooler like that.

Sean R

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I have a Yeti 65 and I rarely use it, once you fill up with "pop" 🍺 and ice it is HEAVY. My wife won't use it unless I am around, to lug it around. But it does do the job.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I also HATE soggy bread when it's been in ice cube water - gel packs only for the food cooler, ice for all the drinks.
This^^^ That is why after using ice packs and ice cubes for years, that the Captain made an executive decision and bought a Dometic for cold storage fridge/freezer on the boats. And any future travels up and down the East coast.
Nothing like a dip in ice water to ruin you BLT.
20210121_055703.jpg

Last edited:

BigPapiBT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This^^^ That is why after using ice packs and ice cubes for years, that the Captain made an executive decision and bought a Dometic for cold storage fridge/freezer on the boats. And any future travels up and down the East coast.
Nothing like a dip in ice water to ruin you BLT.
View attachment 140629
Are you keeping it charged off the 12v power? Or did you get the Dometic battery or using a 3rd party battery? Thanks!

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Are you keeping it charged off the 12v power? Or did you get the Dometic battery or using a 3rd party battery? Thanks!
It will be running from a 12v outlet onboard, 3 batteries. The boat has a 3-bank battery charger that is connected to shore power while at the dock. While away the two 110w solar panels will be used for power to the batteries.

Last edited:

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander