• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR192 power loss - this is what dealer told me

kstrd23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Hey everyone,

A couple weeks back, my '15 AR192 would only do about 28-30mph. The engine was still revving to 7k rpms. It felt like cavitation, so I checked the clean out port - nothing was in there. When I got home I checked everything I could, impeller looked good from the front and back. Nothing up in the intake grate area. Since its under warranty, I took it to the dealer. They said the center drive shaft was coming loose from the coupling. And that it's an extensive job : the engine has to be slid forward and it will take them 8 hours. Everything is covered under warranty.

Has anyone ever heard of this? Or knows what could have caused it? Just curious. I've never seen that mentioned on here. Thanks!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The reality is that the intermediate bearing probably failed and needs to be changed the driveshaft splined sleeve probably got moved out of place when this happened or the rubber vibration dampener went to crap causing the driveshaft to vibrate or both.

kstrd23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Ah thanks. Makes sense. Anything I could have done to cause this?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Greasing it, I have learned to leave those alone I have 2 with over 600 hours on them with no issues .

kstrd23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I never have. Just whatever (if anything they did at the 10 hour break in). 55 hours total on it

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
hmmm maybe it just went bad, be glad it"s under warranty though and try taking up knitting so you have something to do while you wait for it to get fixed LOL!

kstrd23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Lol! Yea, I'm very happy for sure! Thankfully it's going to rain here on the wonderful jersey shore this weekend, hopefully it's ready by the end of next week

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I think you spelled M O N T H wrong!