• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR192 won’t crank

Sreiserer09

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So my husband and I bought this 2016 AR192 brand new and I’m ashamed to say we have only run it five or six times. Every time we have run it, however, it has fired right up and been great and reliable.

Yesterday, the Fourth of July, we had everything loaded to put in and tried to do a test start right before entering the water and there was absolutely no response.

I checked the plug several times to make sure that it was securely in place. I tried every position including, of course, neutral. I clipped and I clipped the thing you attach to your lifejacket. (sorry, I don’t know what it’s called)

I ended up driving everything back home and changing out batteries thinking it had to be the battery. No luck.

We did forget to release the plug over winter, but we have taken her out since then and she performed fine.

Could something have jiggled loose on the way to the boat ramp or could there be a fuse blown?

It just doesn’t seem possible that the starter could be out after so few uses.

I am a 55-year-old woman, I know nothing about electronics, and my husband is even worse off than I am! Don’t hate us because we’re stupid! We love boating and skiing and we are both still slaloming. We would appreciate any suggestions!!

jgourlie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@Sreiserer09 You didn’t mention if you had the battery disconnect switch, turned to ON or green in this case?

hoping that is it?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Also, I’m not sure about your boat, but if you have a rear hatch, there is a safety switch in there that may not be getting pushed down all the way or your hatch isn’t shut properly.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I have same boat and same year bought new. I did have an issue that was covered under warranty. There were some engines that had issues that
So my husband and I bought this 2016 AR192 brand new and I’m ashamed to say we have only run it five or six times. Every time we have run it, however, it has fired right up and been great and reliable.

Yesterday, the Fourth of July, we had everything loaded to put in and tried to do a test start right before entering the water and there was absolutely no response.

I checked the plug several times to make sure that it was securely in place. I tried every position including, of course, neutral. I clipped and I clipped the thing you attach to your lifejacket. (sorry, I don’t know what it’s called)

I ended up driving everything back home and changing out batteries thinking it had to be the battery. No luck.

We did forget to release the plug over winter, but we have taken her out since then and she performed fine.

Could something have jiggled loose on the way to the boat ramp or could there be a fuse blown?

I am a 55-year-old woman, I know nothing about electronics, and my husband is even worse off than I am! Don’t hate us because we’re stupid! We love boating and skiing and we are both still slaloming. We would appreciate any suggestions!!
I purchased the same boat new June 2016. At 70 hrs experienced total engine failure. Fortunately all under warranty. I am hoping your issue is unrelated and minor in comparison. My engine stopped while in use at about 20mph. Afterward when turning key would only get a whining sound. Ultimately needed a tow back to marina. From what you stated yours did not turn over from the start. So I’m thinking it’s unrelated. But when you have boat serviced, I would mention timing chain and see if you qualify for the upgraded part. Since the repair have not had a single issue. That was 3 years ago. Good luck, I am here if you have any further concerns with the 192.

Attachments

KurtTilton

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I had a similar issue. July 3rd going down the cove it just stopped running. Literally dead in the water. Towed home. Tried everything. Battery charge, check plugs, check connections, check fuses. Receiving a “Batt Voltage” and “Engine Comm Error” message. Checked clean out, ran hand into jet pump and also ran hand into intake grate (battery turned off), Finally pulled the boat out of the water and completely removed jet pump. Voila! A 1” x 3” piece of plastic jammed in the impeller. Pried it out with pliers and a screw driver. Put it back together. Fired right up.

Attachments