• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR195 Clean Out Leak?

Skierdad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I searched around and noticed alot of clean out questions but mine might be a bit different so I will try a new thread.

Took the boat out for the first time. 2019 AR195. I noticed that I have alot of water coming up through the clean out plug. I know water can sit on top but have never seen it run out the back and onto the swim platform. It is happening at odd times. It seemed to come up and drain when at a higher speed or pulling kids water skiing.

Is my seal bad or something?

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Totally normal, so long as you feel the engine is performing properly (i.e., not cavitating). It is especially prevalent when towing watersports. When I slow down to a stop, the stern dips down and water often splashes up the swim deck and into the cleanout tray area. Some days it's more than others.

Anyhow, so long as the boat is performing well, then no need to worry.

If you are really concerned about it, then wait until night time and shine a bright flashlight upwards into the intake tunnel and then get on the swim deck and look downwards into the clean out tube. I suppose its possible that your seal might have a leak or be compromised somewhere. But if it is, then engine performance would be negatively impacted.

Skierdad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Ok. Just seemed like a lot of water coming out from underneath that tray. Mostly on the left side.

Thank you.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’m curious how you were able to determine it was shooting up through the tube. Did you observe it somehow?

Skierdad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Where the clean out hole is at, there is basically a platform and on each side of this platform is a place for water to drain out. When I was running last night I could see water coming out of the left side drain and onto the swim platform, then down to the next swim platform.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Where the clean out hole is at, there is basically a platform and on each side of this platform is a place for water to drain out. When I was running last night I could see water coming out of the left side drain and onto the swim platform, then down to the next swim platform.
Gotcha! I understand now. I agree with @gallobg