• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR195 - How big of a boat lift to get?

80sarcade

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Just purchased a AR195! Now I need a boat lift. I am in Indiana and looking at a Lakeshore or a ShoreStation. Going to do a vertical lift, maybe do electric - 12v solar.
The boat is listed at 2500lbs. What size lift should I be looking at, a 3000 or 4000lb lift?
It will be in about two to three feet of water, sand bottom and relatively flat.

Thanks Paul

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Just purchased a AR195! Now I need a boat lift. I am in Indiana and looking at a Lakeshore or a ShoreStation. Going to do a vertical lift, maybe do electric - 12v solar.
The boat is listed at 2500lbs. What size lift should I be looking at, a 3000 or 4000lb lift?
It will be in about two to three feet of water, sand bottom and relatively flat.

Thanks Paul
Just food for thought but I'd purchase a lift based on your next boat. There's a good chance you'll upgrade in a couple years and don't want to have an undersized lift. You should at least plan on 2x the boat weight loaded with fuel (gas weighs 6 lb/gal.) and equipment. Good luck.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Agree with Dean. If you cut it close and then get a bigger boat, gotta invest allover again in a lift. I went 6k lbs on my lift, boat weights 3800# dry.

Matts18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would go for a hydraulic lift rigged to a deep cycle 12v battery and solar charger. Go with at least a 5000 lb lift so you don't have to buy a new one when you upgrade boats.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just upgraded to a wake boat and am damn glad I bought an oversized lift for my Yamaha. I have a 120" wide 5000lb Shoremaster and it has served me well over the past 5 years. Their customer service has also been really good and easy to get a hold of. My new boat is 4200lb dry and probably right at that 5000lb fueled with gear. They were really good about reassuring me that the lift was safe for that weight and that the boat and bunk placement was properly set.

I highly recommend getting a canopy or a lift with the drop-down side curtains. I leave my boat uncovered (mooring cover) over the weekends and then put the mooring cover on during the weeks when I am away so it's double protected. The interior stayed really clean that way and it really helped protect he gel coat on my Yamaha. My 4 year old gel coat looked almost as good as new when I sold it. I purchased the extended canopy supports so that I never had to drop my tower. My canopy is 23' which was really about perfect to cover the entire boat with overhang on both ends.

If you want to save some cash, it's really easy to use the hand crank on boats as light as the 19-21ft Yamaha's. I may be upgrading to a power winch here with my new boat though.

20180623_185445.jpg.

20190602_105635.jpg

Last edited:

80sarcade

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
My next boat will more then likely be a pontoon boat. So probably a new lift anyway. 😀

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My next boat will more then likely be a pontoon boat. So probably a new lift anyway. 😀
I think most vertical lifts can be easily converted by swapping out the bunks. Something to consider rather than replacing the entire lift. Pontoon boats generally are pretty light so you could probably get away with a 3000lb lift to cover both boats unless you are talking a 25' luxury tri-toon with a 200hp out back. I would look for a 4000lb just to be safe though. I think our 24' Premier twin-tube with a 115hp weighs about 2300lbs.

80sarcade

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Having a 4000lb ShoreStation delivered Friday. I did go for the bigger per folks suggestions. Thanks

Doublej_k

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Old post, but I need a lift for my 2019 Sx190. What inside width do I need at minimum? My slip is 10 feet wide so can’t get a huge lift.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Old post, but I need a lift for my 2019 Sx190. What inside width do I need at minimum? My slip is 10 feet wide so can’t get a huge lift.
Other than the "yacht rated" 275 series, all Yamaha boats are 8.5' wide or less. Width is the least of your concern. You do want enough room for guide poles, but not so wide that it's hard to board the boat.

I actually have a dock section in front of the bow with bow stops, as when the boat is lowered, it's the easiest way for guests to get on is over the bow steps. Purchase your lift by weight and go from there. You will be good with a 10 foot wide slip. Good luck!

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
When I had my AR195, I bought this lift and it was a perfect fit. Total width was just under 10' wide. Should help you gauge what will work from your local lift supplier.

I had the V45-108-66/78 version.