• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR195 Hurricane Prep

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My boat is going to need to ride out the storm in my driveway, I have no where I can store it inside. Thoughts on the tower? Leave it up or collapsed? Any other ideas? thanks Looking at 80MPH winds in my area

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I think I would try to find a way to secure it collapsed, less chance it will catch something blown through by the wind.

Hannibal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have the canvas off of the T-top on my 190FSH and the mooring cover on. I'm in the same boat. Don't know what's best. I'm going to hitch it to my truck tomorrow to help hold it steady since it's kind of sitting there on three wheels. When I was a teenager, my dad filled our 17' SeaRay with water to weigh it down for a hurricane but it was a simple boat with an outboard. Mine is halfway under our carport with the T-top reaching over the roof.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would leave the drain plug out so that rain does not fill up the engine compartment. You may be able to close off other compartments such as the ski locker and fill them with water. The anchor locker could be plugged and filled.

If you have sturdy trees nearby you might be able to use 2" straps or stronge rope connected to the trailer to keep your boat from moving around.

GWC69

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You could get some 2' anchor screws and strap it down. Some like they use on trailer houses.

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
things got crazy fast, so we boarded up the house and left town. Forecast was a cat 3, making a direct hit on my house and had to get my 4 and 1 year old our of there! So there was no time to deal with the boat. Luckily the storm shifted and weakened, and we got hit with a cat 1, indirect and my house and neighborhood was fine. Driving over to the storage yard later to check on the boat. fingers crossed, but I am feeling confident

Hannibal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Other than glass and plastic from a sign blown out and a bunch of leaves and sticks, my boat made it through ok. I took the cover and windshield off so the wind would rip them off. Now for the cleanup and hoping power comes back on soon.

EmeryZ28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got lucky, there was some debris in the storage yard, few down trees and one pickup truck topper cap blown across the yard, but my boat was fine. water pooled on the cover over the rear seats for the first time, but I was able to get that off and torque the cover back down. all is well. heartbreaking to see some of the damage down in Naples and the Keys