• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR210 2017 Tower noise

MoreFunWet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My first boat with a tower..Is it normal to hear a sharp metal to metal bang when you hit a good wave?
Is it the cable inside?

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Could it be the clips/straps that hold the Bimini closed hitting against the wake tower?

MoreFunWet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No.. it happens when the Bimini is up.. it's only on the base of the left side and is a heavier sound than clips.
At first we thought it was because of the bimini poles hitting the tower.. eliminated that too

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No.. it happens when the Bimini is up.. it's only on the base of the left side and is a heavier sound than clips.
At first we thought it was because of the bimini poles hitting the tower.. eliminated that too
If you can contort yourself into the rear port side under seat storage and look UP (inside the gunwale) - you will see a cable with a stop washer/whatever coming down of the rear tower leg through the cap - that holds the tower when it is put down. If you can tie this up, put a small pool noodle/something over it - this may eliminate the source of the banging noise. Maybe.

--

MoreFunWet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome.. I will check it out

Zech

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am having a similar issue. I wrapped the cable and washer in a rag thinking it was hitting the hull in rough waters. Didn't fix it. Found the noise to be coming from the front hinge of the tower. I tried tightening the hand screw at the back to see if it would quiet it down with no success. Its a pretty loud bang when I push outwards on the tower right at the base. I'm calling the dealership to see what the fix is if any. When I push on the tower, I can watch the pin behind the spring clip making up the front hinge pop back making the noise.