• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR210 No Thrust.

Rich Paradis

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When advancing the throttles on twin jets I only get an increase in rpms no noticeable fwd or reverse thrust. Can anyone advise what may be going on. It happened on both motors systems and they worked perfectly before …

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Civication, check your impellers for debris lodged in them.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When advancing the throttles on twin jets I only get an increase in rpms no noticeable fwd or reverse thrust. Can anyone advise what may be going on. It happened on both motors systems and they worked perfectly before …
Clean out plugs locked in?

yamaha_sx210_cleaningport_2017.jpg

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Put your plugs in!

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Gotta be the plugs. Make sure both engines are spitting water too (starboard side).

Rich Paradis

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Civication, check your impellers for debris lodged in them.
Thanks … I think you nailed it … prior to taking it to lift I checked plugs to be sure they were down nd locked … heard boat won't run if they aren't. Boat ran beautiful after installing new wear ring .. rpms and throttle positions matched beautifully … nice thrust … then next time someone went to take out no thrust .. suspect someone inspected plugs and didn't get them in right.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Rich Paradis glad to have you on board,

be sure to look at the link in my signature below for common issues with your boat, especially the scupper valve,

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
that was an easy one