• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR210 pulling to the right

jmayans

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My 2021 AR210 pulls to the right quite a bit when on a plane, even though the boat itself seems level. If I want to stay on the same heading, I have to hold the steering wheel to the left (and the boat itself also tilts to the left in that case). I also have CobraJet's on it.

What do I need to check/align to get it to stop pulling so much to the right?

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’d redo the cobra jet alignment process from the instructions. Something is obviously off and it’s easier to just start over and make sure it’s all done right.

jmayans

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
To be honest, the Cobra Jet install instructions were pretty darn hard to follow and I'm not sure I have them anymore anyway. Does someone have a copy of them?

CarolinaJet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Agree on this. Mine pulled right when new. Rudder was not aligned with jets, jets weren’t aligned with each other, so there was no “straight”. I fixed it when I installed the CobraJet steering, no problem since.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Your alignment on your jets if off. On my 210, I can let go of the steering wheel at WOT and it tracks straight without issue. I have the CJS fins on mine as well.

MUNIK FL

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the same problem but I have squared the nozzles and rudder. I am now convinced I am losing thrust out of the starboard jet. The RPM’s are the same and it pulls to the right, causing me to put significant pressure on the wheel and turn it 90 degrees to make it track straight. Alternatively I can cut 10-20% power from the port motor and the thrust is balanced, making the steering feel neutral.

Anyone else experience this? What was the fix?

this is a 2021 AR250.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@MUNIK FL Did you check your impeller on that side? Also did you verify the Jet Gate is coming up all the way when the throttles are pushed down? Wondering if maybe you put something back incorrectly and the gate is only coming up part of the way.

MUNIK FL

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Jet gates/buckets work properly, forward and reverse.

What am I looking for on the impeller on that side? I’ve been underneath the boat, looked at the drive shaft and looked at the inspection ports. Both sides look identical.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Look to see if the impeller blades have any damage. With such a new boat it is an odd situation. If something was stuck in there or there was damage you would feel cavitation.