• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR210 TR-1 1049cc Power??

jared24

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Currently have a AR190 and looking into upgrading to the 21ft fleet. The price range of the AR210 vs 212 series is compelling however I'm having power concerns over the TR-1 engines vs the 1.8 Liter in the 212's.

Am I correct the the TR1 equivalents out to about 110HP? Would twin (220HP total) be enough to push when at it's capacity weight (10 people plus gear)? I know my AR190 struggles at times to plane when at weight capacity. Any help greatly appreciated...

NHboater693

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just took home a '17 SX210. We tested the 212 Limited and the SX210. There is a huge difference in performance. This is to be expected with a 130HP difference. Ultimately, we opted for the SX210 for our first boat due to a value proposition. We have young kids and will likely upgrade to the higher performance boat in 5 years once they are older. In the meantime this boat performs reasonably well with it near capacity. If you're looking for a rocket ship, this is not it. Hopefully this is helpful but your best bet is to test both out the same day and see what you think works for your situation.

Txjetter17

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Gets less friends or make them get their own boat. 10 people would make it packed.

Txjetter17

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It'll do 44 with two people and a little gear. I had 6 on board one day and it would only hit 40. Have a 2017 AR210

jared24

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just took home a '17 SX210. We tested the 212 Limited and the SX210. There is a huge difference in performance. This is to be expected with a 130HP difference. Ultimately, we opted for the SX210 for our first boat due to a value proposition. We have young kids and will likely upgrade to the higher performance boat in 5 years once they are older. In the meantime this boat performs reasonably well with it near capacity. If you're looking for a rocket ship, this is not it. Hopefully this is helpful but your best bet is to test both out the same day and see what you think works for your situation.
Not too overly concerned about top speed but would like to be able to pull a skier with a full boat/gear without straining the engines and constantly having to work the throttle to keep a consistent speed like I do with my 190. Please give me some feedback if you've been in this situation and let me know how the 210 performed. Thanks!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
and constantly having to work the throttle to keep a consistent speed
Perfect Pass or the similar new product is the solution to this.

If you want power I would look at used 240, 230 or 212 models that are available for less than the cost of the new 210.

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
if you are pulling tubes and skiers with people on board, i feel you will be disappointed in the long run. My first jetboat was a 210. With 6 or so people on board, tubing and skiing was a challenge for the boat seemingly to me.
Since then, we upgraded to the 212ss and have zero complaints on the power

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
buy your 2nd boat first. Get the 212

NHboater693

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not too overly concerned about top speed but would like to be able to pull a skier with a full boat/gear without straining the engines and constantly having to work the throttle to keep a consistent speed like I do with my 190. Please give me some feedback if you've been in this situation and let me know how the 210 performed. Thanks!
I haven't pulled a skier yet and I don't load the boat to capacity so I can't speak to your question directly. My guess is given how you plan on using the boat, you're better off with the 212.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Regardless of power 10 people + gear is going to be tight on the boat (unless a lot of them are small kids). If that's a normal day for you, I would get a bigger boat.

seabass2020

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure why some are complaining about the power. Maybe it's their elevation, but I have a 2017 210 and I think the power is excellent. I'm at 900ft elevation. With 2 adults and 3 small kids, my top speed is 41 with top up and 43-44 top down.

My buddy has a 2017 242x, and we raced from a stop. Mine was much quicker to 40mph, but once i reached top speed, the 242 pulled away. Overall I have been very pleased with the performance of the boat. I've heard that higher elevation may require different impellers to get better performance there.

By the way, my MSO said the HP for this boat is 230.