• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ar230 07- what should the Rpms

Addison

Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just bought a 07 ar230 about a month ago. What should the Rpms run at while cruising on the lake? They were at 8k at 35mph

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Better than mine. I usually get 32 at 8200, but my impellers need some work.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You should be able to cruise at any RPM above 7200+ or so. as long as you are planning the boat is happy. The faster you go the more fuel you burn, but you did not buy a boat to save a few bucks on fuel!!!

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It sounds about right. Usually I try to stay about 8k when cruising

Addison

Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Alright sounds good, I was just wondering we took our boat out to table rock last weekend and I let my dad handle the boat and he was all worried bc the Rpms were higher to him. he comes from a cobalt thank you guys,

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes,Our boats DNA comes from very high revving motorcycle engines, and pump design dictates higher RPMs, so it's all good, Our engines actually have a reduction gear inside the engines, so the impeller spins at fewer RPMs than the engine crankshaft. All normal.