• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

AR230 re upholstery project

shawnnoonan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
finally completed my winter project, recovered the cushions on my AR230. It was a big job but if you are interested in doing this you can buy the skins and do the installation yourself. 27 cushion covers in all. Axar Patel assisted me with getting the skins as well as with some guidance as this was the first time I ever did something like this. A pneumatic upholstery stapler, heavy duty staple remover, spray adhesive, heat gun, time and patience are what is needed. Axar was great to work with and helped guide me through the project. Some people say "never again" after doing a project like this but not me. I may have found a part time job in retirement!20210417_155735.jpg

Attachments

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
finally completed my winter project, recovered the cushions on my AR230. It was a big job but if you are interested in doing this you can buy the skins and do the installation yourself. 27 cushion covers in all. Axar Patel assisted me with getting the skins as well as with some guidance as this was the first time I ever did something like this. A pneumatic upholstery stapler, heavy duty staple remover, spray adhesive, heat gun, time and patience are what is needed. Axar was great to work with and helped guide me through the project. Some people say "never again" after doing a project like this but not me. I may have found a part time job in retirement!View attachment 147491
Looks awesome! What/who is Axar Patel??

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@easyliving609, this was your work?

I wish I'd have known about this a year and a half ago, I would've gone this route. Doing it all myself was quite satisfying, but one heckuva chore.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
finally completed my winter project, recovered the cushions on my AR230. It was a big job but if you are interested in doing this you can buy the skins and do the installation yourself. 27 cushion covers in all. Axar Patel assisted me with getting the skins as well as with some guidance as this was the first time I ever did something like this. A pneumatic upholstery stapler, heavy duty staple remover, spray adhesive, heat gun, time and patience are what is needed. Axar was great to work with and helped guide me through the project. Some people say "never again" after doing a project like this but not me. I may have found a part time job in retirement!View attachment 147491
Beautiful! Good to know!

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is a great investment! I can see so many more of these boats getting work like this done as it is well worth the investment in this crazy boat market. It's so easy to justify a couple thousand, when your boat value has literally gone up nearly $10K!

For those asking who can do this, just about any upholstery shop can do it. If you care to recovery yourself, and just get the skins made, then you truly want someone with a good pattern.

Nice job!

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes that is his product, started installing a set I bought from him yesterday and I must say that they fit very well.
Ronnie, Zipper and I want to know how much a complete set cost you-mind sharing???

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They were around $1,500.
That is a deal maker for me. I won’t be placing my order until next year though, I hope they have the templates for a first generation 240.

For reference: I’ve heard quotes in the $3,500 to $6,000 range so $1,500 (plus my labor) is an awesome price.

Scotty_R8

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
that came out really good. well done!

easyliving609

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry for the delay guys, been busy with work. Shawn had purchased the skins from me but, all the work minus a few cousins was all his work. Brad is completing his install now so should have a reference once done.

It does take a little effort and work to make everything fit properly( sometimes you have to go back and restretch material).

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any more questions or concerns.

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry for the delay guys, been busy with work. Shawn had purchased the skins from me but, all the work minus a few cousins was all his work. Brad is completing his install now so should have a reference once done.

It does take a little effort and work to make everything fit properly( sometimes you have to go back and restretch material).

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any more questions or concerns.
Hi I will be sending you a quote and delivery estimate request today. Thank you for providing such a needed service!

sjbrush

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice work! Looking to replace mine shortly. Do you recall what color you went with here?

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry to revive an old thread, but damn, where do I get that price? JetBoatSkins looks incredible but they’re about twice as much.
I got them from @TheUpholsteryGuy, there is another thread going that he says they now start at $2,150.