• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ar240 pricing??

Gofish206

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wanting to buy a new AR240 before summer and was wondering if there are any dealerships in the southeast the sell at better prices than others. Haven't talked to any dealer yet but wondering what are some things to ask for. Thanks

newbote

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Chatlee boats in North Carolina will be hard to beat. You may be able to negotiate with other dealers to get close but they will offer you a very hard to beat price up front.

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Unfortunately they only have 1 used Yamaha in stock and its a 192. :(

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've been looking at Riva in FL they seem to have pretty good prices.

Gofish206

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been looking at Riva in FL they seem to have pretty good prices.
Called and talked to Riva yesterday and they are great. $5000 less than what my local dealer (Park marine kennesaw) would sell for. Still a little higher than if like to swallow. I would love to find a year or two older one and buy from a private party.

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Look all around your region for a leftover '17 model. Pricing is typically a little cheaper on leftover models + IMO, the '17s are more attractive. On the other hand, the '18s have a new dashboard display..... decisions, decisions.....

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I saw a leftover 2016 on boat trader the other day, not sure if it was a 240 or 242, if I came across it again I can post it in here.

@Gofish206 that's what I'm trying to do right now, find a fairly new one at a good price from either a private seller or dealer. I'm talking to Riva about one now because they'll take my motorcycle in trade for it and they offered me only 2k less than what its posted on CL for with no bites so far.

Gofish206

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I saw a leftover 2016 on boat trader the other day, not sure if it was a 240 or 242, if I came across it again I can post it in here.

@Gofish206 that's what I'm trying to do right now, find a fairly new one at a good price from either a private seller or dealer. I'm talking to Riva about one now because they'll take my motorcycle in trade for it and they offered me only 2k less than what its posted on CL for with no bites so far.

That's great thanks. Good luck. Riva seems to be great to deal with.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843, I seem to remember that you got a good price on your AR240. Any guidance for the OP?
Man I would have to go back and look but I'm pretty sure I bought my 2017 AR240 with a 5 year warranty back in March of 2017 for $51,000 out the door all fees and everything included. So that would be like buying a 2018 now for $51k out the door with a 5 year warranty that was at Charleston Powersports. Taxes are cheap in South Carolina though they were capped at $500 so it was $50,500 including everything plus sales tax for a fair comparison for those from outside of South Carolina.

Gofish206

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man I would have to go back and look but I'm pretty sure I bought my 2017 AR240 with a 5 year warranty back in March of 2017 for $51,000 out the door all fees and everything included. So that would be like buying a 2018 now for $51k out the door with a 5 year warranty that was at Charleston Powersports. Taxes are cheap in South Carolina though they were capped at $500 so it was $50,500 including everything plus sales tax for a fair comparison for those from outside of South Carolina.

That seems like a great price. Riva is around $55,000 otd on a new 2018 and in not sure that includes an extended warranty. My local dealer in Kennesaw Ga can't touch that on a 2017 model.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That seems like a great price. Riva is around $55,000 otd on a new 2018 and in not sure that includes an extended warranty. My local dealer in Kennesaw Ga can't touch that on a 2017 model.
Is that including sales tax if so how much is the sales tax that could be the difference

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Riva seems to be the best bet on price tat I have found. They sell a TON of boats, ATVs, dirt bikes, motorcycles, etc... So they can afford to sell for quite a bit cheaper than most dealers. We have a similar place up here for ATVs, SxSs, and dirt bikes called Romney Cycles. They sell a ton of bikes so they can afford to let them go cheap just due to volume. .. that being said, now im going to check out Charleston Powersports lol

newbote

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is that including sales tax if so how much is the sales tax that could be the difference
That was the price at Chatlee as well when I was looking last year. Can’t remember for sure if it was 51k plus tax or including tax though. I ended up buying a slightly used ‘16 Limited S for 1k less then that though.

I know Chatlee has several boat shows in the spring where they cut the price a bit more.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Riva seems to be the best bet on price tat I have found. They sell a TON of boats, ATVs, dirt bikes, motorcycles, etc... So they can afford to sell for quite a bit cheaper than most dealers. We have a similar place up here for ATVs, SxSs, and dirt bikes called Romney Cycles. They sell a ton of bikes so they can afford to let them go cheap just due to volume. .. that being said, now im going to check out Charleston Powersports lol
I almost bought from Riva just not an AR but they had me a 2016 Limited S E serries for I think it was $56K I was real close to doing that but in the end the 5k difference and I was getting a 2017 instead of 2016 was what swayed me had they both been 2016 leftovers I would have bought the Limited S E serries.

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I almost bought from Riva just not an AR but they had me a 2016 Limited S E series for I think it was $56K I was real close to doing that but in the end the 5k difference and I was getting a 2017 instead of 2016 was what swayed me had they both been 2016 leftovers I would have bought the Limited S E serries.
how long ago was this? I'm looking at one there 2016 242LSE w/ 50hrs for 55. I'm just not sure if I want one with that stupid ass Connext system. The thing thats driving me is that they'll take my bike in for trade for a good price, I've had it on CL for a few weeks with no bites, so I may not have any other option if I want a boat now to start getting ready for this year.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
how long ago was this? I'm looking at one there 2016 242LSE w/ 50hrs for 55. I'm just not sure if I want one with that stupid ass Connext system. The thing thats driving me is that they'll take my bike in for trade for a good price, I've had it on CL for a few weeks with no bites, so I may not have any other option if I want a boat now to start getting ready for this year.
Last March so almost a year ago. I do think things will be a little tougher to get deals this year as the economy has been doing well and the new boat sales market has been really hot from several articles I have read so it is like anything if boats are selling these dealers are more Likley to hold firm on their pricing because they know they are going to sell the boats. When I was shopping last year there were a ton of new left over new 2016 limited e series boats on the market and even the dealer I bought from last year said they were not even sure if they were going to inventory the 2017 model limited E series when I was buying my boat as they had a tough time pushing the 2 2016's the had gotten out. I bet that changed though for this year as they have been flying through inventory on all boats I was told when I stopped in there a few weeks ago to get some stuff.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, I have learned @robert843 strikes these deals most us couldn't touch - I stopped trying!

--

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, I have learned @robert843 strikes these deals most us couldn't touch - I stopped trying!

--
Hey now didn't you pay the samething for your boat brand new I just told the dealer this is what @swatski paid for his boat new last year surely you can match that.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey now didn't you pay the samething for your boat brand new I just told the dealer this is what @swatski paid for his boat new last year surely you can match that.
I would need to look it up but from what I remember it was around 53k cash OTD plus the premium cover was extra ($800?). That was the best I could do around here, by far.
BUT - I'm no @robert843 or @veedubtek!

EDIT: We also got 2 extra years of YES warranty (oh, the bitter irony of that!) - I don't remember if that was rolled into the OTD price.
The bottom line - not a huge amount of room to negotiate prices on these boats, especially models like the AR. I was buying towards the end of the season - which helped I think, and it was from the dealer's lot inventory, which is always helpful.

--