• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

ar240 stereo upgrade

Vadice

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
so I'm new to the community just bought a 2020 ar 240 and I love my music so I'm upgrading the stock interior speakers to the jl m3 6.5 rgb adding 2 7.7 rgb towers on swivel mounts running off a jl m6 600x6 my concern is mounting the sub planning on putting it in the starboard storage under the seat I've been looking at the 10 in. M3 infinite baffle has anyone installed one or should I go with a sealed box or a box behind the sub

MacAR210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure if your interested, but I have a wet sounds 10” woofer with built in amp and enclosure in the classifieds section.

Vadice

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I already ordered the jl 10 just really looking for someone who has one and the sound quality

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I already ordered the jl 10 just really looking for someone who has one and the sound quality
Try a search for subwoofer...I know several members have done detailed sub installs. @Hoyt is one of them off the top of my head.

Vadice

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Unsolicited advice from a fellow 2020 AR240 owner, make sure to order a new Fusion head unit harness as Yamaha clipped and capped the outs on the stock one. And invest in some fish tape or the bailing wire trick for running the tower speakers, coat hanger trick was a pain.

Not a answer to your question but two lessons I learned the hard way.

Vadice

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll look up the head unit harness thanks

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll look up the head unit harness thanks
Should be about 15 bucks, there are two harnesses back there, might as well order both. One has the Aux in, and all the RCA outs, which are all clipped and capped, the other harness has all the positive/negative wires for the speakers as well as the amp remote on/off wire, however, Yamaha also took the amp remote wire out of that harness.

You can get the Fusion head unit wiring diagram from the owners manual online if you have questions, not sure how you plan on running your wiring.

Vadice

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You wouldnt happen to have the exact radio part #

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You wouldnt happen to have the exact radio part #

Google “ fusion ms-ra770 wiring harness” should bring up your two different harnesses.

010-12812-01 Should be the number for the RCA harness according to my amazon history.

Vadice

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I found them thank you for your help hopefully at some point I can return the favor

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Unsolicited advice from a fellow 2020 AR240 owner, make sure to order a new Fusion head unit harness as Yamaha clipped and capped the outs on the stock one.
I was really hoping Yamaha had learned their lesson and stopped cutting off the harnesses. Mine arrived with intact RCA's with the little boot covers on them...no need to order anything. Hmm...maybe it's a Canadian thing...ordering a wiring harness to Canada is probably just as expensive as getting a whole new stereo head unit so Yamaha said us lowly Canadians can keep them?
🤪

Vadice

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You got lucky

Vadice

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure on the manufacturing date but I'm sure mine was one of the last one's in the country

Austin-BR

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2020 AR240 here too. You can see a lot of treads on this topic, easy to get lost! Between IF and enclosed box you will see different options, maybe based on each one experience, type of music, etc. I went to JL 10" IF, not installed yet, so can tell you about the results. I will install in the port storage under the seat.

Attachments

Vadice

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ended up canceling the w3 rgb IB and went with a kicker cvx 10 and a jl 600/1 for the sub with a nice ported box hoping that it'll fit in the same place with an extra battery if not the starboard side has a ton of unused space in the back

KC-AR240

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
so I'm new to the community just bought a 2020 ar 240 and I love my music so I'm upgrading the stock interior speakers to the jl m3 6.5 rgb adding 2 7.7 rgb towers on swivel mounts running off a jl m6 600x6 my concern is mounting the sub planning on putting it in the starboard storage under the seat I've been looking at the 10 in. M3 infinite baffle has anyone installed one or should I go with a sealed box or a box behind the sub
I did/doing this exact same thing

Vadice

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Waiting on the 6.5's to start the install heading to Higgins for the week hopefully they'll be here when I get home