• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

ARE STATE BORDERS CLOSED ?

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I'm curious if there are bans on travel..???
My sister is planning to drive from Wisconsin to Florida soon.
And I am considering a trip to NY for a pair of motors.

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I definitely saw some out of state plates (Wisconsin, Indiana, & Ohio) recently here in Illinois...

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Florida borders are not closed. There was talk about stopping New Yorkers and requiring them 2 quarantine for 2 weeks.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I'm in WI, no borders are closed. If they wanted to do that it would require more military than we have available. They could attempt to close the interstates, but still, that would take a lot of man power and could easily be circumvented.

Looper7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not closed in Ohio I drive 82 miles each way for work and plenty of out of state plates on the freeways.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I live on the KY/IN boarder. Not closed here, free travel allowed.

Highly discouraged, but allowed.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In Texas we are stopping cars coming from LA and telling them they have to quarantine for 2 weeks once they get to their destination.
They were also checking people on flights from NY

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I read an article that RI was telling anyone from NY they had to quarantine,

I also read about the outer banks (maybe or some islands that have vacation homes) the locals closed off the area to only permanent residents with drivers license issued as such so all the vacation home owners are upset, that is supposed to be challenged in court shortly,

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In Texas we are stopping cars coming from LA and telling them they have to quarantine for 2 weeks once they get to their destination.
They were also checking people on flights from NY
Texas has it's own way of looking at things as I found out through the years of traveling down that way. Y'all still trying to leave the Union down there??:)

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Texas has it's own way of looking at things as I found out through the years of traveling down that way. Y'all still trying to leave the Union down there??:)

the real question is did you enjoy your time down here ??

Texas Musicians Can Enter the 'Don't Mess with Texas' Song Search ...

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Highways are open, no one seems to bother motorists around here.
By "here" I mean MO/IL and /or NJ/NY/PA.
(and anything in between, lol)

--

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The first time down got to the OK/TX border and seen that sign and was excited, finally in TX. Then I quickly realized that I still had a little driving to do. Had to go damn near to Corpus, but yes, every time I've been down there its been a great time. Last time down enjoyed floating the Frio. I'm ready to do it again

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My SIL just returned from FL, and according to her, they were stopping people with non-FL plates at the FL border and asking them where they were planning to stay. No clue how accurate this is.....as she was on her way out of FL.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Texas Musicians Can Enter the 'Don't Mess with Texas' Song Search ...'Don't Mess with Texas' Song Search ...
I'd like to answer that: I've been to Texas once in my life in 2017. I was in Houston for 5 days for a training class and while I was gone they (my wife and kids) went out and got a dog. So let's call my experience "tainted." ;)

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Texas Musicians Can Enter the 'Don't Mess with Texas' Song Search ...'Don't Mess with Texas' Song Search ...
Oh, & I like the fact you can go 70-80mph everywhere!!!! I just don’t like coming home and only being able to drive at a snails pace of 55mph.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Michigan announced additional "lockdown" restrictions last week. Included in the new restrictions was a ban on travelling within the state to vacation and/or second homes. Apparently, this is to discourage travellers from the, er, "warmer" cities and counties downstate to their other places Up North.

BUT, apparently, these new requirements do not apply to out-of-state owners of second homes in Michigan. This, of course, highly irritated Michiganders due to arbitrary and discriminatory application. (And a fair bit of noise among Michigan's population living along Lake Michigan about possibility of a flood of inbound Chicago people this summer.)

Of course, they do not (apparently) have a plan to enforce any of this. Why do I care? I am part owner of a lakefront cottage in NW Michigan. So... (apparently) it is perfectly legal for me to drive 8+ hours from my Milwaukee area primary home to the lake cottage that I share with my brother (among others) while it is not legal for him to make the 14 minute drive from his main home to the lake cottage.

We live in crazy times.

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'd like to answer that: I've been to Texas once in my life in 2017. I was in Houston for 5 days for a training class and while I was gone they (my wife and kids) went out and got a dog. So let's call my experience "tainted." ;)
Houston would tend to taint anyone's visit. Texas is huge and very diverse in it's culture, landscape and climate. If you don't believe me drive from the northern most point to the southern most point. I worked as a field engineer for 5 years and put 100K on a company car every year. There are the northern plains, the eastern forests, the hill country the gulf coast tropical valley and everything in between. And lets not forget that the Texas Rangers were the first state troopers. I grew up in Ohio and have now raised a family in south central Texas. I do not miss the snow and ice.

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I just drove from Georgia to Mississippi and back again for work last week and didn't run into any issues. The traffic was awesome, went through downtown Atlanta around 5 pm on Friday and was doing about 75 MPH the whole way!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I just drove from Georgia to Mississippi and back again for work last week and didn't run into any issues. The traffic was awesome, went through downtown Atlanta around 5 pm on Friday and was doing about 75 MPH the whole way!
Why so slow? What do you drive?