• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

ArmyChief & ArmyQueen - Pompano/Ft. Lauderdale (26 May - 2 Jun)

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well hello Jetboaters !!,

Those that know me, know I deployed last year and well, it's almost that time to return the the United States !
I'm working on my reintegration to society summer plan and was hoping some of you in this great group could assist. While I really need to get out of the combat environment and de-stress and learn not to be jumpy on every pile of trash on the side of the road I see and keep a look out. My wife needs some adult engagements too. See, while I was gone, I had friends that told me they would keep close contact with the wife and take her out, maybe even some ladies nights to get her out of the house. Well, that didn't happen and I can see the impact it's caused her by being in the house with no real friends to co mingle with.

So, with that being said, we own a condo in Pompano Beach and will be coming over (26 May - 2 Jun). I plan on bringing the jetboat and was hoping some could recommend good places to launch and beaches to hang out and meet other friendly boaters. Also, if anyone here is close by and wanted to meet up (on the water and/or off the water) for drinks/dinner or such, please feel free to post in this thread and/or PM me.

Again, looking forward to not only getting back, but getting on the water!

Attachments

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That DRASH in the background brings back horrible memories...
Days on end in the "ziplock bag" can make you question your sanity.

Safe travels home brother.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Doug,

Pompano has four nice ramps at Alsdorf Park that were undergoing upgrades last year. I have considered using them for Bimini Flings. So much so that I negotiated with the city last year.

Are you planning to move to the condo?

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Doug,

Pompano has four nice ramps at Alsdorf Park that were undergoing upgrades last year. I have considered using them for Bimini Flings. So much so that I negotiated with the city last year.

Are you planning to move to the condo?
Oh no sir, just to visit. Sailboat shopping is nicer on the east coast. :)

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@ArmyChief I just read the word sailboat on a jetboat forum. What size, year and brand are you looking for. My wife and I have also been looking at sailboats. We have looked at several used Beneteau's. One was junk and the other's owner was too firm on his price. Been looking at used C & C 30mk. ll's and C&C 34+'s. We like the performance and layout of these boats alot.https://jetboaters.net/threads/we-have-been-looking-to-add-to-our-boating-options.15561/ As soon as it warms up enough to thaw the zipper on the shrink wrap we will be inspecting/surveying one.

Last edited:

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ArmyChief I just read the word sailboat on a jetboat forum. What size, year and brand are you looking for.
David,

We are definitely a catamaran couple :). Matter of fact, after taking the jetboat across to Bimini, comparing it to our 22' Glacier Bay we took the year prior...we MUCH more love the ride of a catamaran. So, we would love a Lagoon 39/40 (newer style), or FP Lucia and Leopard 38-45 (We really like the forward cockpit of the Leopard 44/45). However, we want to keep our house in Florida and not be strapped for cash while cruising. So, it will more than likely be a older, less costly catamaran.

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We too like cats. If we could use it more than 6 mos. out of the year, we would probably be in the same boat. My wife points out every one she spots on the lake. We like seeing those big cats here, but we might like to do some Wednesday night beer can racing at our sailing club in the bay. Good luck with your search, our surveyor warned us to watch out for hurricane damaged boats coming out of the Carribean. The pictures of the stacked up boats were terrible.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Can't help you with info, but wanted to tell you welcome home and thanks for your service! After my Bosnia and Iraq tours, it was so good to be home, but it was an adjustment. Best of luck to you and your wife!

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can't help you with info, but wanted to tell you welcome home and thanks for your service! After my Bosnia and Iraq tours, it was so good to be home, but it was an adjustment. Best of luck to you and your wife!
Thanks sir !

JROD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
Well hello Jetboaters !!,

Those that know me, know I deployed last year and well, it's almost that time to return the the United States !
I'm working on my reintegration to society summer plan and was hoping some of you in this great group could assist. While I really need to get out of the combat environment and de-stress and learn not to be jumpy on every pile of trash on the side of the road I see and keep a look out. My wife needs some adult engagements too. See, while I was gone, I had friends that told me they would keep close contact with the wife and take her out, maybe even some ladies nights to get her out of the house. Well, that didn't happen and I can see the impact it's caused her by being in the house with no real friends to co mingle with.

So, with that being said, we own a condo in Pompano Beach and will be coming over (26 May - 2 Jun). I plan on bringing the jetboat and was hoping some could recommend good places to launch and beaches to hang out and meet other friendly boaters. Also, if anyone here is close by and wanted to meet up (on the water and/or off the water) for drinks/dinner or such, please feel free to post in this thread and/or PM me.

Again, looking forward to not only getting back, but getting on the water!
Safe travels home brother. Go easy on the readjustment and all the best! Hope to see ya on the water, Bimini 18?

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Doug,
Welcome Home!!! Thank you for your service[flag] Next time you are at Blanding....call me. The beers on me!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Hey John !, you still getting on Blanding ok? :)
No...I did it for the year you signed for me. Towards the end of the year the ramp was closing for major repairs. I had to have knee surgery so I just let it lapse. We have been hanging out on the Suwannee almost every weekend in the summer.

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No...I did it for the year you signed for me. Towards the end of the year the ramp was closing for major repairs. I had to have knee surgery so I just let it lapse. We have been hanging out on the Suwannee almost every weekend in the summer.
Well, I get back, let me know if you need me to get you back on.

ArmyChief

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dang..no Jetboaters in the Pompano/Ft Lauderdale area... who'd a thunk