• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Artemis launch

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Beautiful day at port canaveral waiting for the launch. Original plan is to launch boat and go fishing while waiting for the launch but I woke up late5F899D41-16B1-454D-96F1-C278EE0EA897.jpeg

Last edited:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Still being delayed?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Still being delayed?
Looks like it…. A problem with a temperature sensor in one of the engines is the report I just read. Bummer but not unheard of.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We wanted to watch it as well but now it is scrubbed. Hopefully will go on 09-02 but we won't be back in St. Augustine until after that!

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm home now, they delay it at first when a storm cloud rolled in then some fuel leak problem eventually cancelled it. It was rescheduled Friday

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Looks like it…. A problem with a temperature sensor in one of the engines is the report I just read. Bummer but not unheard of.

Looks like more issue, when I was listening to NASA broadcast it was fuel issue. Hopefully they can launch soon

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I'm home now, they delay it at first when a storm cloud rolled in then some fuel leak problem eventually cancelled it. It was rescheduled Friday
Crazy to me they did this in the 60s and we are struggling to do it 60 years later.... this stuff should be simple by now.

Side note - does anyone watch "For All Mankind"?

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Crazy to me they did this in the 60s and we are struggling to do it 60 years later.... this stuff should be simple by now.

I'd say leave all the launch with Elon Musk... NASA is probably over paying too since its not reusable booster lol

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

My boss just recommended For all mankind for the what if's. I don't have apple tv but I may opt for 7 day trial.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Space flight is never simple. Full stop.
It could be. We have stalled on innovation for 60 years... who knows where we could be at? We have 1000x more technology in our pockets than those spaceships had.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
My boss just recommended For all mankind for the what if's. I don't have apple tv but I may opt for 7 day trial.
Well worth it. Apollo 13 meets The Man in the High Castle.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Perhaps along with the lookey loos on the highway it will give some inspiration to those same people.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It could be. We have stalled on innovation for 60 years... who knows where we could be at? We have 1000x more technology in our pockets than those spaceships had.
The sad part is so much of our collective energy goes into waste now. Look at the money that Facebook rakes in despite adding nothing to the world. Imagine if all the Facebook money (let alone the time that is wasted on it) was allocated into something worthwhile. Space travel, energy, sustainability, anything really. But no, right now the drover of "forward" is social media, not actual technological advancements.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They're saying we have to brace for 400k tourists tomorrow for the launch. I'm torn between watching it from home and going to magic Kingdom for what should be a surprisingly empty day

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I won’t be going to port canaveral tomorrow it will be crazy for sure I may just go off shore and hope it’s not cloudy so I can see it if it do launch. afternoon schedule will be tricky lots of storm cloud usually during afternoon

Can0n11

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
400k to watch the launch-it's amazing that rockets and loud flying things can draw crowds like they do. We had a crowd of around 69k for a Concorde visit back in 98' that blocked I-94 and made the governor late for the showing. Bucket list item is to see a rocket launch one of these days!