• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

ATL boat show wake booster.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The clamp to tighten is same as seen in DIY thread little larger clamp through the tie down strap.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm so excited it comes with a warning sticker!

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Dont use over 15mph

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Also asked them if the booster package was part of boat sale during show, they declined

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Seeing the wake booster in person was kind of anticlimactic.

I really like the new floor coverings with the weave material. Other than that nothing made me really jealous of the new model. I was talking with someone there and they said that the new reverse buckets dont really add much more control.

I went to where the Scarabs were supposed to be but they didn't have any. The Vortex boats were in the far corner. Really nice finish but its worth the extra.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dont use over 15mph
If that is true, meaning if it really makes running faster than that hard, I think that limits the utility of this new gizmo very substantially.
I love the Booster idea, but if it does not make a great wave which I'm afraid may be the case, the potential advantages over the Gatlin wedge quickly disappear. And with MainahBooster on the horizon (that thing could be the real deal pumping water for the boost.

The way I feel about it - unless this thing really makes a killer wave - even if less ballast would be needed with the Wake Booster it is always a hassle to remove anything from under the swim deck.

By comparison, when we are done surfing we typically leave the Wedge alone and just cruise back while draining the bags under way.
I discussed that with @jcyamaharider and he did not think it would be any issue, the Wedge when properly set up does basically nothing when the boat is on plane. We have had zero issues doing that over the last summer. I have had the wedge mounted for days on end during lake vacations.

--

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@swatski. i agree with limiting use. I wonder how they tested the 15mph did it cause issues with tiedown stress or steering.

The wedge is nice because you can leave it on.

I found the speed warning interesting as well as the patent pending and not finalized.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski. i agree with limiting use. I wonder how they tested the 15mph did it cause issues with tiedown stress or steering.

The wedge is nice because you can leave it on.

I found the speed warning interesting as well as the patent pending and not finalized.
I wonder that, too. The WakeBooster is virtually identical, functionally, to Scarab's "Surf Stream" device, also not patented as far as I can tell. And those guys can patent! BRP has patents for lateral thrusters, Yamaha patented a rudder! (aka articulated keel), lol

--

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
It’s for surfing, why are concerned that it is limited to 15mph - who out there is surfing at more than 15mph?

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
More of of crap I forgot to take it off and you take off down lake to eat or whatever

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
More of of crap I forgot to take it off and you take off down lake to eat or whatever
Ok. I guess. Although seems like a real stretch to think of that as a downside. I’d view it along the same lines of remembering to pull anchor or roll in your tow rope. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wouldn't have that problem, but we usually do all our surf stuff then shut it down do tubing whatever fine cove to hang in then surf later in day.

Also could be more of to cover their tails because some people will try to ride around all day with it.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have the Slingshot Butterboard and of the boards, that's my favorite to ride. I'd be curious to see how this Slingshot does behind a Yamaha as my understanding is they tweaked it specifically for the Yamaha...

One thing that's also intriguing to me about this set up is that it can be used for regular an goofy. I've had the wake wedge for two seasons and sometimes putting that thing can be fussy to say the least. This option seems like a quick way to adjust for people and not as fussy. I'll be curious to try it.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the Slingshot Butterboard and of the boards, that's my favorite to ride. I'd be curious to see how this Slingshot does behind a Yamaha as my understanding is they tweaked it specifically for the Yamaha...

One thing that's also intriguing to me about this set up is that it can be used for regular an goofy. I've had the wake wedge for two seasons and sometimes putting that thing can be fussy to say the least. This option seems like a quick way to adjust for people and not as fussy. I'll be curious to try it.
I would agree! The mounting is a bit of a PIA, and I don’t love the turnbuckle.
That said, the wedge hits the water just right, I really feel the Gatlin crew hit a jackpot.

Great thing about the wedge is I can leave it on and not worry about it after we’re done surfing which to me is a huge convenience factor, we will typically run late or be late to be somewhere at that pint, lol, and I like being able to to just hit the throttles and go, emptying the bags under way.

That - as opposed to jumping in the water to dismount a device which is potentially going to be needed to be taken off - with the booster (if one cannot cruise with this thing being still attached). IDK.

Now, if the booster makes a better wave I’m on it!!! But I m virtually certain it won’t from what I’ve seen.

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
That - as opposed to jumping in the water to dismount a device which is potentially going to be needed to be taken off
Actually it’s been said to be easily installed and remove in seconds from the swim platform. We’ll see if that rings true. One of a list things I plan to validate about the design when at the boat show this month.

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Did they mention pricing at the boat show? Last I read, it was supposed to be a $1K package with the rope and board. I really hope it's not that expensive. What's more, there hasn't been the 1st video of anyone surfing behind a 212X - it's ALWAYS behind a 242X! :mad:

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Did they mention pricing at the boat show? Last I read, it was supposed to be a $1K package with the rope and board. I really hope it's not that expensive. What's more, there hasn't been the 1st video of anyone surfing behind a 212X - it's ALWAYS behind a 242X! :mad:
Yeah it’s $1k for the package, I haven’t heard of any boat show discounts on the package and highly doubt we’ll see any.