• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Audio 2021 AR250 - add a powered sub

MUNIK FL

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello!

I am going on a boat trip next week and I was thinking of installing a self powered sub, like this: Bazooka MBTA10250D Marine 10-Inch 250 Watt Pre Loaded Bass Tube https://a.co/dHA1TD0

Searched through the threads and couldn’t find anything that fit my needs. I have the Connex system and wetsounds amp that is meh.

Basically I’m looking to add just a little bump to the system with that will make it sound better without replacing everything at this time. In the future I am thinking a better amp and speakers all the way around.

I will run power & ground, but where am I getting remote power from? And where should I tap into for inputs to the powered sub unit?

Wont work with the way the new system is setup. I'm still researching what I'm going to do. I was supposed to upgrade over the winter but now I'm at a cross road of totally getting rid of audio control from the connex like @jocolo21 did on his or just replace the WetSounds amp and add line converters for other amps etc... Not sure to be honest at this point.

Good thing I asked.

I was just going to tap the speaker inputs to the stock wetsounds amp.

When I bypass the stick amp I’ll do the line controllers.

maybe I could add a cheap line controllers between the outputs from the head unit and the sub?

Back