• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Audio bargain or flea market junk? (Rockville Audio)

Flea market junk or audio bargain?

• Total voters

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Guess I’ll find out.

Just ordered a pair of 8’s, four 6.5’s, a 10” sub and their 8 channel/800 watt marine amp.

All for $335 delivered. :headphone:

upload_2018-5-1_15-59-27.gif

Last edited:

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For that price as long as you get sound you cant loose!!

What are the 8s for, towers?

Didnt know they made 8s...but the amp seems to be solid and a few others have used it as well.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Don't know about their speakers, but I have the 8ch amp and I'm impressed with it.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
For that price as long as you get sound you cant loose!!

What are the 8s for, towers?

Didnt know they made 8s...but the amp seems to be solid and a few others have used it as well.
No tower so there all going in the cockpit. I’ve got the room for the 8’s so I figured why not? Plus they can handle 250w rms. So it lets me got the most out of the amp without going overboard on the # of speakers.

Don't know about their speakers, but I have the 8ch amp and I'm impressed with it.
How have you got the amp setup for channels?

I’m figuring

1 — (2) 6.5s ...95w @ 2ohms
2 — (2) 6.5s ...95w @ 2ohms

3&4 bridged (1) 8” ... 190w @ 4ohms
5&6 bridged (1) 8” ... 190w @ 4ohms

7&8 bridged (1) 10” sub ... 190w @ 4ohms

I’m trying to resist adding a second amp and sub till I get this all going.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have mine set to one speaker per channel (2 Platform, 2 Bow, 4 Cockpit). The polks handle up to 60W RMS (4 ohm) and the Rockville spits out 65W per channel at 4 ohm. I added a second amp for the towers.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Got the amp and 6.5’s today.

Amp fit and finish looks good. Owners manual is pretty sparse. Speakers don’t scream quality and have kind of an ugly look to them.

But they are pretty beefy compared to the Kenwood 6.5 the boat had.

0F4173A1-BE73-4BE9-9EFD-76350CB397F4.jpeg
C39658C0-F96D-43A7-8396-9E39A1C02654.jpeg
C87AB5FA-747D-458F-B058-10F1029CBED3.jpeg

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice. Could always hit the grill with a little white krylon if the silver looks funny.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Rest of the speakers got here today. The box for the sub was pretty torn up. Missing the hardware. But it looks to have survived.

Decided to order a second sub. Going to use 4 channels for the subs. 2 for the two eights and 2 for the four 6.5’s.

7972C014-402F-4E18-BC58-D426B3AA9C19.jpeg

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
No cutout template for the TEN inch sub. So I checked the spec sheet.

35A76936-07BA-48FF-8C77-4264CE9857CE.jpeg

Seems legit

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Might want to get yourself a compass and make some cardboard templates, lol. Was it not printed on the inside of the box by chance?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Maybe reversed?

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
All good now. Made a template at 9 3/8” and it fits.

The 10.6” measurement was accurate.

Sef123123

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just installd my new rockvill 8 channel amp, sounds pretty good to me, I'll test it tomorrow in the water, will see if it was a good deal or not..

Clayton Danyew

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I also have the Rockville 8ch amp and 2x 10" subs installed on my boat. Bridged the subs and they sound great for the money spent (dont need a $300+ sub to still sound great). This amp is pushing the two subs on 4 channels, 4 tower speakers on 2 channels, and 4 deck speakers on the other two channels. Adjusted the settings on the amp and it sounds awesome. Have another amp (different brand) pushing another sub and 4 more speakers.

My only complaint so far is that it did overheat one day. I was running it at pretty high volume for several hours and it just shut off. Now i keep the door to the cubby in front of the captains seat open if i plan to blast music at the sandbar, and I am adding a small fan to circulate the air. Problem (hopefully) Solved.

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hmmmmmm, you might be pushing that thing to its limits....I think thats a solid amp, but you probably could split a few off that amp onto the other...maybe sell the second amp and get another 8 channel Rockville since it seems to do the trick.

Im just leary of having the amps overheat right when were jamming....been there, done that.....no fun.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I also have the Rockville 8ch amp and 2x 10" subs installed on my boat. Bridged the subs and they sound great for the money spent (dont need a $300+ sub to still sound great). This amp is pushing the two subs on 4 channels, 4 tower speakers on 2 channels, and 4 deck speakers on the other two channels. Adjusted the settings on the amp and it sounds awesome. Have another amp (different brand) pushing another sub and 4 more speakers.

My only complaint so far is that it did overheat one day. I was running it at pretty high volume for several hours and it just shut off. Now i keep the door to the cubby in front of the captains seat open if i plan to blast music at the sandbar, and I am adding a small fan to circulate the air. Problem (hopefully) Solved.
Wow that is a lot of demand on any amp so I am not surprised it went into what I would assume is thermal overload protection. Keep in mind that most of the Rockville amps are AB so they also have a lot of draw on the batteries and they may got hot as well not to mention the wire needs to be up to the task as well. You may consider getting the their 2 channel class D amp for the subs using the channels they free up for the tower and deck speakers you have paired on the other channels. That would likely take the heat way down and make things more efficient.

I am considering another amp myself to give my subs the power they can handle instead of half so I am following this thread should I decide to go bass heavy. I am a huge JL fan but I can always be persuaded to give something else a try with the huge price point difference if others see favorable performance.

FWIW my JL amps worked very hard for very extended periods in high heat and never blinked while being kind to the battery draw but of course that comes at a high price tag.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It might just do it?????? I know not he same amp but.....