• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Audio for the home - Sonos

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I see a lot of people that like music on the boat so if you like music at home and have not looked at Sonos yet you may want to check it out. It is on my personal list of top 10 favorite things

You can synch music up between rooms throughout your house, you can play different music and set up zones, and you can control the music from your phones. I like using this on my outside deck and everyone that I introduce to this really likes it. It can be expensive as you buy a unit for each room/zone but it is worth it.

Google Sonos if you want to learn more. I am sure many of you already have this

http://www.sonos.com

Edited to add URL to Sonos (Julian)

Last edited by a moderator:
I see a lot of people that like music on the boat so if you like music at home and have not looked at Sonos yet you may want to check it out. It is on my personal list of top 10 favorite things

You can synch music up between rooms throughout your house, you can play different music and set up zones, and you can control the music from your phones. I like using this on my outside deck and everyone that I introduce to this really likes it. It can be expensive as you buy a unit for each room/zone but it is worth it.

Google Sonos if you want to learn more. I am sure many of you already have this

Love it! Luckily my house was already wired in each room, so I saved a bunch on installing. Neighbors have it too. Awesome.

I have SONOS at home and like it....especially around the pool and outdoor kitchen.

you can also have your home automation system control it!

Love my sonos. It isn't without some issues, but for the most part it is tech that just works, which I love.

I've got 3 connect amps powering 5 zones. Love the system.

Looks pretty cool - I already have a dual zone system running 4 speakers in each zone, but I've wondered how I could better connect Itunes to they system. I recently got an Apple TV which I think will connect iTunes, but I'd still like to have sound in the office, Kitchen, Garage, and would love to connect the amp in the media room to the main house amp. Sounds like this would do all of that.

Sonos is nice. A friend of mine has his entire house done. I have my house and pool done in Bose, but I end up carrying this little thing with me wherever I go because it is just so easy to use and sounds pretty decent.

409249784.jpg

Currently I am using Channel Vision wireless to distribute XM radio and anything else I choose to three main systems that in turn power five different zones, including family room, pool, media room, gym, and den. But it has a little trouble with the wireless phone, other RF equipment and physical structures that obstruct the signal. Hardwired is great for initial construction but is not an option as a retro in my particular house.
Earmark in Plano has all the Sonos products set up, on display and functioning. So based on that demonstration, they are coming out next week to install a Sonos replacement for whole house connectivity. I'm not using Sonus in the conventional way because I already have big power and serious speakers in all those zones.
The entire Sonos line-up is impressive.
Sonos has definitely taken a cue from Bose by getting reasonable audio performance from very compact packages that can integrate into any space and without objection from the decorator. And they have gone a step beyond in connectivity.

Love the Sonos. Started with a 5 in bedroom and bridge , then a 3 in the kitchen .will add more as time goes by.

@Julian, I think you will find that you will do away with iTunes. You can sign up for one of the services which allows my kids to download unlimited music to their devices as well as play it through Sonos. I have over 60,000 songs on iTunes and didn't like having to back it up, constantly upgrade iTunes, and be limited to apple and their copyright limits. I used to use Mog which was bought by Beats. I just recently switched to Google Play which seems good so far.

Try one of the services, download the playlists/songs, and then see whether you still need iTunes

Back