• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Audio Install Complete

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Long story short, I started the audio upgrade in stages June last year. Had the components a couple of months before boat delivery in late May. Wife was offered a job transfer in mid-August moved mid-September and I followed two weeks later.
Boat went from being stored in the garage to outside covered storage a few milesaway. . In April we found a 12 X 30 Storage unit at a local Marina.
First opportunity to work on it was July and finished it on Labor Day. Iwas was easier to bring the boat to the house then pack up the tools, wires et cetera. Received notice of HOA violation. Expect another and a fine/s, such is the price. I hate HOA's but that's a conversation for another day.
I don't want to try to list everyone who helped me through direct messaging for fear of forgetting someone, but they know who they are. Thank you. I also gleaned much valuable information from countless posts and threads which is what this forum is all about.
Some of the wiring needs to be cleaned up and a couple of the RCA cables need to be replaced and rerouted with shorter ones.

Attachments

• 20220914_143410.jpg
    20220914_143410.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 43
  • 20220914_143444.jpg
    20220914_143444.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 39
  • 20220914_143509.jpg
    20220914_143509.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 37
  • 20220914_143526.jpg
    20220914_143526.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Looing good man Wet Sounds is a really good product. I feel you on the HOA I probably get about 5-8 letters a year from my HOA for the boat. I don't typically store it in my driveway either but when I do I think I have a neighbor that reports me! If I can offer one word of advice though, I would get a bigger battery charger, especially for your deep cycle battery. I would try and get a 2 x10 charger.

Looing good man Wet Sounds is a really good product. I feel you on the HOA I probably get about 5-8 letters a year from my HOA for the boat. I don't typically store it in my driveway either but when I do I think I have a neighbor that reports me! If I can offer one word of advice though, I would get a bigger battery charger, especially for your deep cycle battery. I would try and get a 2 x10 charger.
Didn't realize there were different ones when I bought it, think I followed a link from someone on the forum but could be wrong.
Easy fix.

Didn't realize there were different ones when I bought it, think I followed a link from someone on the forum but could be wrong.
Easy fix.
Yeah so the one you have is only a 2 amp and the 10 is obviously a 10 amp charger.

Back