• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Aug Bimini run ?

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We noticed that there is a lot of experienced board chatter confirming that Jun-Aug is the best weather opportunity for a safe Bimini crossing. Nearly all the organized trips appear to be historically scheduled in late June to mid July. We'd like to try fishing for our own lobster dinner while we're there like we see in many of the videos, but the local lobster fishing season appears closed from 1Apr-31Jul.

With all that, it seems that early August might be a great time for a trip. Is there a reason why all the organized flings on this chat board appear to stop in mid to late July?

Lowstar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
that’s about when we have an increase in hurricane activity

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Better make sure they will allow you into the country, that would kinda suck.

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Good points. Thanks.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Wow. I didn't expect that answer.

Well if that's the case, then we can happily do without the lobster fishing. I'm not up for foolish risks to my family's health and well being.
Thanks for the experienced input, and we will certainly follow the good advice.

Reasy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I will second more storms and lightening in August. I have made many trips to the Islands over the last four decades. August brings more humidity and static electric to the atmosphere.
Another point- A few years ago I pulled into the marina at Spanish Cay in the Abacos in mid August. Low on gas I was informed that the fuel wasn't available. It was out of season. Had to run another 20 miles to Green Turtle Cay to find fuel.
Also mention that tropical waves and cyclonic storms can pop up overnight. If you go- be willing to stay longer than anticipated and wait for the seas to calm before crossing home.

Slapjaw

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
hello I'm new to the group with a used 212ss! I am very interested about this type of trip!

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length