• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Average hours per year?

Average hours per year?

• 10 hours

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • 20 hours

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • 30 hours

Votes: 23 23.7%
  • 40 hours

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • 50 hours

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • 60 hours

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • 70 hours

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • 80 hours

• 90 hours

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • 100 hours

• Greater than 100 Hours

Votes: 3 3.1%

• Total voters

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Curious

What is everyone averaging per year in hours on boat. Mine is 4 years old with 207 hours, so I'm around 50.

Not enough!
I am estimating how much as i have only ran the hours once.
We put most of our hours in the 5 hours from starved rock to peoria and back.

I'm at about 450, so 75hrs per year... hopefully that will increase! Maybe I can use this thread to coax @Murf'n'surf out on the water sometime soon, we would love to get together with you and the family on the water, need to throw out some footballs and hand out business cards! ;)

I'm at about 450, so 75hrs per year... hopefully that will increase! Maybe I can use this thread to coax @Murf'n'surf out on the water sometime soon, we would love to get together with you and the family on the water, need to throw out some footballs and hand out business cards! ;)
I'm coming.....soon I hope! The wife just commented about going out soon. I'll definately check with you to see if you are out. Back on topic..... I might have 5 hours this year. WOOT! I'm too busy driving other people's boats so that gets my boat bug satisfied.

We are 100 per season , with only 2013 and 2014 so far.
But most of those hrs are on a handful of very high hour vacations ....
With that said , we don't use the boat as often as I'd like.
Hoping the new SaltWater series will boost that

As an aside, how goofy is it that these boats (at least those before 2012) didn't come with an hour meter? Cheap thing to add, but still...

Back on topic, we're running about 35 hours per season on our 2011. It's amazing how few hours actually go on the engines vs. how much time is spent out on the water. We went out about 15 times this year, probably on the water 6 - 8 hours each time, but only about 2 hours run time per outing.

just turned 88 hoping to reach 100 with our first season on the 212x

First season - 48hrs
Second season - 49hrs
Third season - 55hrs

First season with the boat... 60 hrs

Not enough in my mind, but the weather could have been more cooperative in June and July on Lake Erie.

First year as a boat owner. We have 56 days on the water, 691 gallons and 116 hours. I use BoatingSuite.com app to track my outings.

First year as a boat owner. We have 56 days on the water, 691 gallons and 116 hours. I use BoatingSuite.com app to track my outings.
Wow! That looks like 1 cool app. Too bad its only for IOS. I sent a message off to see if they were planning on adding for Android. Not to get off topic but has anyone had success with a similar app for Android phones? Hmmm...maybe I will start a new thread.

1st year owner here with no hour meters but best guess is 30-40 so far. @Julian maybe I can enlist your help in reading my hours?

Maybe @Julian can add some more choices to the poll. I ran out of space at 100 hours, but looks like there are guys that are going over 100 hours per year, which is bad ass!!! Wish I was one of them!!

Curious

What is everyone averaging per year in hours on boat. Mine is 4 years old with 207 hours, so I'm around 50.

Put on 143.2 hours this year!! and burned 158.6 gallons :/

whaler, something seems wrong with your math. Please check again.

I agree, I burned up 1,532 gal of gas so far this year.

whaler, something seems wrong with your math. Please check again.

Hahahaha well I was there for every hour and filled every gallon-- and kept the receipts, it all adds up! 'Twas a great summer!!

sounded a little on the low side gal per hour. I average 4.5 gal every hour

It honestly depends on your cruise speed, the fuel burn changes dramatically with even A few MPH difference-- we rarely brought it up to 50mph and kept the throttles around 5000rpm/20mph and other times crusing at 2000rpm which had 1.3gph

Back