• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Back in the Action - 2018 Limited S SW FL

CBF0112

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi everyone, want to make sure I take a minute to introduce myself. A couple years ago I owned a 2009 212SS, we made a lot of memories on that boat. After we sold it, we slowly started realizing just how much having boat made our family complete. We all went out together, as a family, and made some great memories.

So after about a 2-year break we decided to get back and get a bigger boat, as our kids have also gotten bigger (they tend to grow when you feed them).

We are fortunate to live near the Keys, a short 100 miles to the Gulf Coast and boating around Miami; you can't really enjoy SW FL unless you are on the water!

Either way, I really appreciate this forum and want to be a strong and active member.

**Here's to the good times and memories we'll make!**

Billy Duncan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome! I'm Jealous of your location. We have family in Cape Coral and love it there!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Ralph MIA

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Welcome aboard!

Bajd98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
In Fort Myers area.... thinking of getting a 212 limited s myself! Seems like it would be great for this area....

W3bexec

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm jealous of your location as well. Welcome back and I agree on the memories!

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cape coral here, love my 2017 ar240. We launch on the Caloosahatchee river and run all the way up the Gulf side to Boca Pass, Sanibel island, Pine island sound and everywhere in between. I would check out the 24' boats for this area, they handle chop well.

Bajd98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Cape coral here, love my 2017 ar240. We launch on the Caloosahatchee river and run all the way up the Gulf side to Boca Pass, Sanibel island, Pine island sound and everywhere in between. I would check out the 24' boats for this area, they handle chop well.
When you say 24’ handle our area well, does that mean 21’ won’t handle it.... or just not as well... which I assumed. Obviously it won’t be the same performance but I was hoping 21 would get us around most days.....

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When you say 24’ handle our area well, does that mean 21’ won’t handle it.... or just not as well... which I assumed. Obviously it won’t be the same performance but I was hoping 21 would get us around most days.....
Never rode in a 21 but if your looking at a 2015 or newer you should be fine. That's the year they started with the articulating keel.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome back!

MariusD

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

CBF0112

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bajd98 My 21ft did just fine even out on the bay. My wife likes the 24ft better though! Can’t speak for other places, but SW FL near shore Gulf, and the Keys 21ft is better than just ok most days. We never pushed heavy chop though, we stayed in our comfort zone.

Billy Duncan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What is the boating like in Chat TN area?
Awesome! The TN river runs right thru Chattanooga! You pretty much have a choice of Chickamauga lake for Nickajack Lake to choose from. Nickajack is the portion of the river that runs thru Downtown and the TN River Gorge. Chickamauga Lake is upstream from downtown and is over 50 Miles of river channel up to Watts Bar Dam. Most boating around the area is pretty much concentrated to Chickamauga Lake. Beautiful area surrounded by Mountains and Water!