• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Back in the Shop.

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
Dropped the boat off back to MM 2 hours away yesterday only to find out all techs are out for training until next Friday. Seems like its going to be another 3 month turn around before I see the boat again. Several Check engine lights and MM is still waiting to get approval from Scarab to redo my Trailer. 1 year later and the coating looks like orange peel plus rust forming in several places. I would fix it myself and call it a day, but I want to get everything documented. Hopefully everything will look good and Run good then this baby is off to be SOLD unfortunately! I'm ready for a bigger boat and one that I can Enjoy instead of trailing back and forth to the Dealer. I'm not Sure Scarab offers that.......

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry to hear, my Yamaha's have always treated me very well.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry to hear that @Elio195HOI Hopefully the engine lights are a quick fix. Keep us posted.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
sorry to hear about your troubles, If you enjoy boating it doesn't take long to want a bigger boat!

luckily with my boat in 6 years any problems I (meaning me and this board) have been able to fix them in the driveway. If I had to take my boat to the dealership (especially a new boat) for months at a time I'd want to sell it also,

Let us know what you buy, those of us who can't afford to upgrade love to live through you guys!

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Let us know what you buy, those of us who can't afford to upgrade love to live through you guys!
I could afford to upgrade, but I love the SX230 series of boats and will keep mine along time - and it's paid for which is even better.

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Im getting my 3rd drive shaft and carbon ring assembly in 13 months/70hrs. Boat has been in shop 5 out of the 15 months of ownership.
I will say this time around dealing with Scarab has been better so far. I will let you know when I get it back.

Speed_Freak_039A

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I got the same trailer rust issues and mines only a couple months old

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
Thanks everyone. IMO, I believe the biggest issue is experience. Most of these dealers have no clue what steps to take or how to resolve issues with these boats. It's guess after guess until they get it right.

hunterextro

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I received a new trailer last November from Scarab so stand firm. It's all about the dealer. I was using a dealer closer to my house that I didn't purchase the boat from trying to get them to do warranty work. I would not let them touch it as I wasn't satisfied with the resolution. Took it to where I purchased it after boating season and they got me a new trailer, it did take some work and not taking no for an answer. Thus far this trailer is holding up much better no rust yet!(Same Environment)

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
And a new instrument cluster...AGAIN

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
Picked the boat up last Wednesday only to bring it back again. They missed items to be fixed and trailer is already peeling.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Mine is still in shop;( Every day besides one single day since July 30th.

I win

PapaBear

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Went and ran boat two days ago. i put three hours on it. Finally ran good for once. Im not counting it a success just yet seeing it has never ran more than 14hrs without a major component , [carbon rings,driveshafts, instrument cluster,main engine bearings]having a catastrophic failure.

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
Mine is back in again. They can never get it right. Since last November I put 1 hour on it and it failed to start again.

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
Good Luck. Not sure yet, Waiting to hear back from these fools. It just does't do anything. Everything powers up but no starter. They supposedly replaced the entire harness in November and throttle body. Work like a champ for 1 day then nothing...... That's just 1 of 6 items that need to be looked at. LED's Burnt out, Radio gets crazy interference, Trailer just got a $4,500 paint job on scarab and its peeling (Not sure why they didn't just replace it for half the cost), ETC.