• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Back to the Forum after a hiatus....Seadoo Islandia to SX210

Jongottschalk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
IMGP0730.JPG IMAG0626.jpg View attachment 13667 View attachment 13667 o I am back to thread after selling my 2006 Islandia with 26 hours in March to now buying a 2008 SX210. Bruce, love seeing the SX230 with all its cool transformations. My "new" sx210 has 130 hours on it and has some cosmetic issues I will be sorting:
1. the bimini on it is ridiculously big so will be trying to find factory or atleast factory sizes ($200 ebay)
2. no carpet so will be installing blacktip elite (just like sea-dek on Bruce's; full kit retail $700, cant mention my cost..... )
3. decals are scuffed a bit and will be updating to 2010 decals ($300 retail, $180 my cost)
4. tarnished latches so replacing from Yamaha dealer ($42 retail, $26 my cost)
5. Full detail once decals removed (cost of material, $30ish)

First pic is seadoo Islandia I sold. I actually liked the boat and ride but thought is was not the prettiest thing made.....Second pic is the SX210 "before" pic and will be adding "after" as it progresses over the next month or so as I am not in a big hurry.

Last edited:
glad to have you back on board!

Welcome aboard Jon, you may read that your old boat has had a few mods :)

First thing I did was go through your threads bruce, love the fridge.

That doesn't look like a stock bimini.....something looks strange....here is a pic of a 2008 with bimini up....you can see it attaches further forward and the rear attach points are with posts not straps

2008-yamaha-sx210-4_800x0w.jpg

Yes, that is why I am swapping it out. It is 2 feet too long and ridiculously tall. The mounting point should be up on the windshield frame a bit moving it forward some. That kind of sums up the boat as far as things just "getting done" and not done right. I will be sorting it all and will bring it back to new......always exciting.

I would love if someone could get a height off the mounting point on windshield that has sx210. I know the length is about 72" and the width I ofcourse have that...

elite1.jpg IMGP0955.JPG elite.jpg These are the mats I am installing (and sell for $700 retail). Love them and can get the "hookup" for JBN members ; )
Many colors and different patterns. Second and third pic more patterns.

Hey Jon ............ Nice photos, better new boat.
Glad you're back with us., Like your planned upcoming upgrades.
Many Best Wishes your way, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA
+             CartoonWelcomeAboard 24 Jon2.jpg

The blacktip mats do look good!
There is an Islandia for sail at our Marina, they aren't the prettiest boat but have some cool features.
Welcome, good luck with the refurb, enjoy the Yamaha

Welcome back @Jongottschalk. Congrats on the new boat. You might be able to chop down the size of the Bimini frame that you have and get a canvas shop to trim the top. Just an idea, looking forward to pics of her as you're working on it.

Back