• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Boat Stuff Ballast Pump Jumper Cable

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This is mainly for the 2016 - 2022 boats with factory ballast it could possibly work with other models or be updated as I get more info on the different configurations .

It works for the 21,24 and 25 foot models see price listed below for the different models.

• Over ride and power up the pumps to drain water or fill to the max if the timers get out of sync with what’s in the bag.
  • Expand the system using plumbing fittings to allow the stock pumps to fill the transom bag or other bags eliminating the need for a tsunami or other type of plug in pump. I run two feed lines into the bag so it fills twice as fast.
  • Winterize the pumps by sucking in non toxic anti-freeze then discharging it so the fittings and bags don't have any water that could freeze and cause damage
  • Check the pumps operation to trouble shoot a faulty pump
  • Fresh water flush out if the boat is going to sit for winter storage you can flush out the corrosive salt water for longer pump life
  • Easy to pump out residual water that may be in the bag especially the center locker bag it tends to accumulate water due to a siphon effect and will end up 20% to 40% full
  • If your lake requires ballast to be flushed for cross contamination this will make it easier
Using this cable you can watch the bag to observe when it’s full or empty

This project was created by my 14 year old son all proceeds go to his sailboat fund . He likes the power of the wind I like the power of the jet drive

Price for the cable is $73.00 + $12.00 shipping to the lower 48. Includes detailed directions for optimal operation and labels for the pump connectors

Price for the 21 foot models $73.00 + $12.00 shipping

https://jetboaters.net/threads/2017-yamaha-242xe-mods.19753/

20180917_175516_1537221477803_resized.jpg

20180915_164024_1537217173385_resized.jpg

Last edited:

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am interested if we can verify it works on a 2017 212x

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Lets figure it out I will send you some info to help determine what will work with your boat

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Confirmed it works with the 212X only $25.00 for that model

Mikeyc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I would like to buy a set for 2018 242x series. Thanks! Let me know price and I can send to PayPal listed above if it’s still valid.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Cambo

The new item sales addon for the forum is awesome. It does act more like a paypal vendor sales, rather than “friends/family”, so it does charge a paypal fee. But, the interaction with usps to print shipping labels is so awesome!! @Bruce could help you get setup, if you envision selling a bunch of these.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@BigAbe75 That would be great I thought I saw some type of setting to do it. Its great watching my son get proficient using all the tools involved to make these . Then we get to go out and experiment we wake boarded for years and just last weekend both were up surfing

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Its listed in the Buy now with 10% being donated to the site

Kevin-yyz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Cambo. I find the pump connections on the 2018 a bit odd. The sizing on the center tank pump connection is a different one than the right/left tank pumps. Is the 2017 the same?

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yamaha most likely did it so that they could not mistakenly switch the pumps by mistake due to the close proximity to each other . The cable plugs into all three pumps

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Does this work on a 2016? Are there instructions for how to accomplish the tasks made possible by the cable?

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Does this work on a 2016? Are there instructions for how to accomplish the tasks made possible by the cable?
Yes it works on the 2016 there are general directions with peel and stick labels for each pump connector to let you know how each pump operates . You could call me if you have a specific issue to figure out how to correct or use the cable in conjunction with the stock set up.

Shady28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Cambo,
How can I order and pay? Thanks.

Two questions:
1. Can I use the jumper to run the pumps while the engines are off? E.g. To winterize with RV Antifreeze by pumping in and out?

2. Also do you know the plastic pipe diameter you used to hook into the ballast intake flange on the bottom of the boat?

FYI I also had that bunk issue! Mine are aluminium so I had to do a bunch of trial and error to finally space the front and back to prevent sitting on it.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Cambo,
How can I order and pay? Payment info sent

Two questions:
1. Can I use the jumper to run the pumps while the engines are off? E.g. To winterize with RV Antifreeze by pumping in and out?

Yes it can be used with the engine off and I can send over more info of hose size and how to winterize with antifreeze

2. Also do you know the plastic pipe diameter you used to hook into the ballast intake flange on the bottom of the boat?

FYI I also had that bunk issue! Mine are aluminium so I had to do a bunch of trial and error to finally space the front and back to prevent sitting on it.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The Northeast water and air temperature start dropping quickly. Flushed out the salt water I doubt we will do any more water sports we had an epic season every weekend was great. Just in case I will wait to flush with antifreeze then pull the impeller covers and apply some silicone seal lubricant to keep the seals from drying out

20190902_112422.jpg

Tmstrouse

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Cambo

So you have a cable for a 2019 212X? If so I will PayPal you. Just let me know how much. Thanks for replying in the other thread.

Shady28

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
BTW - Got a set of these from Cambo this fall and they work as advertised. Chimp simple way to control your ballast pumps. Love them.