• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Battery Charger Options

Cohenmd86

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Put the boat in indoor heated storage so I left the single battery on a trickle charge, but I have been thinking about what to do for the summer. First, I will definitely be adding a second battery for insurance on the water while listening to music and to make sure it starts up. I am considering adding a 110 charging plug when it sits not in use at the dock but I also saw a reverse battery tender that plugs in thru the 12v Cigarette lighter and was wondering how well that works/risk it works versus paying dealer to pop a hole in the gunals and adding a male plug. Anyone have any input on cost experience or ideas? Thanks much appreciated!

LTM1964

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Since you will have two batteries, you will want a dual bank smart charger so it will charge each battery individually. That makes drilling the hole for the AC plug necessary. That isn't hard to do or very risky.

I used the cigarette lighter method on a SeaDoo boat with a single battery. It worked OK, but the battery switch had to be left on to get the charge to the battery.