• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Battery Charger

John Greenlund

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
When I connected and turned on my trickle charger, the battery relay started a repetitive click and hum, and the relay red light came on. This didn’t seem right so I turned off the charger. Is this normal or what did I do wrong? Thanks for your help!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you figure this out yet? I don't have your model with a battery relay so I'm not sure what you're hearing,
Is it a stock setup or do you have any ACR or additional batteries wired in ?
What charger are you using?
maybe a picture of the relay would help someone identify it,

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Is the battery combiner wired on the battery side or load side? If it's on the battery side then a dual output charger won't charge the batteries separately.

You could rewire the combiner on the load side or see if it has a triggering wire you could use to activate it only when the ignition is hot.

If it's a single output charger then that's fine, it will charge both batteries. Is the relay clicking on and off? If so, it's because the charger isn't able to output enough power to charge both at once while maintaining the triggering voltage.