• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Battery connection issues

jet_fun

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hi all
I purchased my 2016 fsh 190 sport new and put about 30 hours on it last summer. When i had it wrapped last fall the dealer disconnected the two batteries.

Now im getting the boat ready for this season i am not sure which positive and negative cable goes to which battery. I took a guess and connecteted the cables and after running the engine for about 20 minutes with the water going through the rinse port the check engine alarm sounded. Looking in the manual it notes that this alarm is for short circuits or faulty sensors. I am wondering if the alarm sounded because i connected the battery cables incorrectly?

Would it be possible if someone could post a picture of the battery compartment showing the pos and neg cable hookups? Im thinking maybe this could save me the hassel of dragging the boat back to the dealer to be analyzed.
Thanks for your input!

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I will post pics but it will be a couple hours before getting home

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you need a different angle let me know, it was pouring rain when I took this20170710_163419.jpg

jet_fun

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hi JD
Thanks for sharing the battery cable configuration! I had two negative cables on one battery. Fixed it. I ran the engine at idle for 30 minutes with the water running through the rinsing port and no alarms or issues. You definetly saved me an hour one way to my dealer. And you can bet i took several pics for future reference lol.

Xwinger61

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Question is there a wire going from the ground of one battery to the ground of the other battery and not going through the switches? Cant really tell by pic. I have a wire on the ground of one battery with a red & black connector. But since this is run in parallel I don't think its supposed to go from ground to positive. I think they just a connector that had a red protector on it. The marina disconnected the batteries when I had it for winterizing, before I had a chance to look at he wiring.