• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Battery Recommendations

Madman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So I’m almost ready to pull the trigger on a new ‘25 252SD. My current boat came with two group 24 starting batteries, which lasted 13 years and worked just fine for the way we used the boat. Because the new boat will have digital displays and more electronics, is there a need to upgrade to a larger battery and should I go with a deep cycle for the house? I’ll have to check with the dealer, but I’m assuming there’s enough room…

I would go with whatever you had for a setup if it lasted 13 years!!!! in your last boat.

I would go with whatever you had for a setup if it lasted 13 years!!!! in your last boat.
Thanks for the feedback. I’m an old timer and just wasn’t sure if my old setup was adequate for newer boats. I’m also cheap and don’t want to buy another set of batteries in 10 years! 😂. But then again, I should probably be happy if I’m around long enough to when I need new batteries!

I get the reference....... I don't even buy green bananas anymore!!!! you never know! LOL.

Before I replaced my old house battery with a Lithium at the start of the season I looked at Duracell AGM deep cycle batteries from the local brick and mortar Batteries Plus store. They are made by East Penn/Deka, are reasonable priced, and sorting out any warranty issues is easier when you have someplace physical to take it. Sam’s Club sells Duracell AGM deep cycle batteries as well (at an even better price from what I’ve heard) so if you have a membership there that could save you a few bucks.

I love my Lithium but they can get quite pricey so it all depends on what you want to spend.

Back