• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

BATTERY USAGE

Emilio22

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did a little trial yesterday. I have 6 6.5 JL speakers, 10 sub, and 800 watt amp. Ran at 50% with the starter battery switched off and took picture of connext every 1/2 hour. Wonder how low it goes before the low battery alarm goes off. Also when batteries are fully charged what should they be reading?

2:45
245.JPG
3:15
315.JPG
3:45
345.JPG
4:15
415.JPG

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A fully charged battery should be around 12.6 volts. Either your batteries are discharged or Connext is providing inaccurate readings.

I believe innacurate voltage readings are common. @Mainah, what are your thoughts?

Emilio22

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think I started out low because on Sunday the alarm went off and the ride home was only 1/2 hour. Yesterday ran it another 1/2 hour to the sandbar. Ran the stereo at 90% for 6 hours Saturday, about 45 minute ride from sandbar to marina< and another 5 hours Sunday before the alarm went off. Switched to the starter and no problems but want to figure out how long I can go.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lead acid and AGM batteries are permanently damaged when they are discharged below 50%. 50% is somewhere around 12.2 volts.

My guess is that a multimeter connected to the batteries would show a higher voltage than Connext is.

Regardless I would have a charger attached to those batteries. Most with upgraded stereos will install an onboard charger to use after every outing.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
With my non-connext, i had to reconnect my V meter to the largest power wires under the dash. Otherwise it would always read low due to voltage drop. Cam