• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

BBQ - Whats your Favorite

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As a longtime bbq cook and being in Oklahoma. My favorite it brisket and burnt ends. I haven't taken any on the boat yet, but I am thinking about taking burnt ends out since they don't have to be warm.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Brisket is fantastic. Need to do one soon. I like all bbq but for sauce I prefer Carolina style.

Here's my last rib cook. 3 full racks in a large egg.
image.jpeg image.jpeg

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Brisket guy here as well, I like all meat, but a well smoked brisket is a favorite of mine.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
It is .....all about the Brisket!:winkingthumbsup"

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
20160707_202648.jpg

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I love smoked ribs.

image.jpeg

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Damn this thread is making me hungry!!!

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
In Bama it's all about pig, so if I want brisket I have to make it myself.

@djetok tell me more about these "burnt ends"...

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bill D Cook your brisket with point and flat together. I do my processes to pull the brisket at 190 while its foiled. Seperate the point and flat and place the flat in a aluminum pan glaze it and put it back in rhe pan with the juices from the foil in the pan. Then i cube the point from the flat end out. 1 inch cubes. Then i dust them with head country rub and then sauce them then place back in the smoker. Once the burt ends glaze starts to turn deep deep red i glaze again. Let that go until you get the deep red again. Pull and eat. Its meat candy.

I could go throughy brisket process and give away my secrets since i no longer compete. I have lots of rgc's and gc's with two walks at the jack daniels world championships.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Jalapeno Brisket
Trim the excess fat, the pierce the brisket all over on both sides with a knife.
Pour the juice from a regular sized jar of Jalapeno peppers (hot or mild - depending on what kinda man you are :) on both sides of the brisket
Use a good quality rub, store bought or homemade, salt and fresh ground pepper and let it sit over night in the fridge
Grill uncovered with indirect heat (Wood fired grill works best), uncovered at 200-250 degrees for 6 hours
Line a large baking pan with 1041 sweet sliced onions and the jalapenos from the jar that you poured the juice from the night before
Lay the brisket on top of the onion/jalapeno bed
Cover the top of the brisket with onions/jalapenos (from a second jar)
Pour the juice from the jalapenos over the brisket
Cover and seal the pan with aluminum foil
Grill covered/sealed for another 6 hours at 200-250 degrees.

Meat will be extremely tender. Although it would seem like alot of jalapenos, the spice is just enough to make it interesting without covering the flavor of the brisket!