• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Beaches Turks and Caicos...

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We've been going to Sandals and Beaches Resorts for 20 years, so it was natural that we'd spend our 20th anniversary at Beaches (we spent our honeymoon at Sandals in St. Lucia).

Of course I had to bring something along to keep the Turk Beer cool...

image.jpg

image.jpg

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cheers! Looks like a relaxing, reconnecting time. Have fun!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thanks for taking us with you @Julian and family! Have a great time!

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I love Sandals. Never been to Beaches, but now that we have two kids i think we will make it there at some point

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Nice @Julian !
Looking forward to more pictures of SUN and HEAT ......... LOL !
Enjoy ! Mikey Lulejian - Cutting grass on Lake Oconee, GA

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NICE (!) photo. The smiles "make" it.

Buttttt ....... why is HER glass full and your's half empty ?

Inquiring minds wanna know.

Have fun ------- Errrrrrrrrr - Looks like y'all are !@
Mikey Lulejian - WLOGA Radio News

Last edited:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian looks awesome. Have a fun trip and congrats on 20 years. 20 year anniversaries don't happen by accident these days!!!

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Julian Which Sandals did you stay at in St. Lucia? My wife and I stayed at La Toc this past spring, but I really wished we had stayed at the Grand.

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Shuck Water We are going to be staying at the La Toc in May. Is there a reason you wish you stayed at the Grand?

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I would like to know too! We are planning the same thing! No kids for us so we are just looking to have fun and play in the water!

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I stayed at La Toc with my wife. We liked it. It was really nice.

My favorite Sandals so far is Grande Riviera (was called Ocho Rios when we went). We also went to Whitehouse. It was ok... i liked La Toc and Ocho Rios better

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Shuck Water We are going to be staying at the La Toc in May. Is there a reason you wish you stayed at the Grand?
Actually quite a few reasons. We didn't visit the Grand until later in our trip, but would have tried to transfer if we had seen it earlier.

La Toc is much older than the Grand, so everything feels a little more tired. Plus, because of the location of the hotel, the ocean and beach aren't nearly as pretty as the Grand. They have rafts at the Grand that are anchored in 4-5 of water in the ocean that you can hang out in and it's just awesome. Also, the transition from pool to beach is nearly seamless at the Grand, La Toc has this massive sea wall that you need to walk down and you can't really go out too far in the water due to the currents.

Another issue, because La Toc is so spread out and separated by guest status, the guests are "clickish", folks that are staying in sunset bluff don't interact with people at the emerald village and they don't interact so well with will the pitons village, etc. It really was the strangest scene. My wife and I are pretty friendly and I found many people there were pompous and arrogant and for no reason. We knew something was up during the drive from the airport to the hotel. There must have been 3 other couples in the van and while we were engaging the driver in conversation and having a good time, we noticed no else was talking. Maybe they were sleepy or pod people. We did meet a couple of the way back to the airport and they had the exact same experience with the guests. We spent one day at the Grand and met at least 3-4 couples and ended having dinner and drinks, it was just a night and day contrast between the two.

Finally, I have no idea why it's this way, but good luck keeping your drinks filled before 5:00 PM at La Toc, the only bar that's open is the pool bar and it's damn near impossible to get anyone's attention. The Grand must have had 3 bars or more open in the afternoon and the staff just seemed happier. In addition, they had games in the pool and were trying to get everyone involved.

It may sound like we were into the party scene, but that's really not the case, La Toc was just boring. People stay in their respective corners and don't talk. When I'm on vacation, I enjoy meeting new people and just want to have a good relaxing time. I'll stop bitching now....

Side note, this is not part of Sandals, but I highly recommend Jus' Sail in Gros Islet. It's basically a private/semi private sailing tour and was one of the best experiences I've ever had. The owners James and Pepsi were a riot.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We've been going to Sandals and Beaches Resorts for 20 years, so it was natural that we'd spend our 20th anniversary at Beaches (we spent our honeymoon at Sandals in St. Lucia).

Of course I had to bring something along to keep the Turk Beer cool...

View attachment 13866

View attachment 13867
Great photo of your daughter! Priceless.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@rkluck

I have never stayed at La Toc but ate there a lot. I have stayed at both the Grande and Halcyon. Halcyon is our favorite as it is small and the staff get to know you....but the Grande is probably better for more activities. The beach at La Toc is tiny and often rough. The Grande is in its own protected cove.....great skiing and boarding right there.

We've stayed at many Sandals and we advise against LaToc because it is so big yet has virtually no beach. The hills are steep and there is lots of walking....it does have golf though. However you can stay at the Grande and take a shuttle for golf! My advice...switch to the Grande.

Pigeon hill is right next to the grande - a beautiful hike with a fort and amazing views.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian