• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Beard trimmers

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I need a good one. I don't have a big old beard i just have the more than stubble thing going on. My current trimmer is a wahl cordless that takes 2 aa batteries but it's a pain to use sometimes. Gotta oil the blade 4 or 5 times through every trimming. Setting 3 whatever that means. No power after the first pass.

On that note, where do you guys trim the beard at? Ig my wife finds a hair on the sink she pukes at the sight! Lol i make sure to show her the hair from the shower every once in a while but it doesn't give me any points.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a corded Wahl beard trimmer, bought it years ago and it has never failed once, heck I don't think I have ever oiled it either.

Joe Hellaby

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you're looking for another cordless, I would recommend something with a lithium battery. The standard battery ones, like the wahl posted above wear out within a year (I used to own that same cordless model post above). It'll work for a while, but after a year or so, the battery will only last a few minutes

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
IMG_1142.JPG

I have one of these, gets a workout every spring, been solid for three years or so now.

IMG_1141.JPG

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We cut our hair in my shop, next to the shopvac. Banished from the house. Cam.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
We cut our hair in my shop, next to the shopvac. Banished from the house. Cam.
She already makea me change after work in the garage. Kinda want to stay inside once in a whil lol

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Whatever you do if you plan to keep the beard get a trimmer that can lock the guard height. Can't tell you how many times I have been trimming mine and the guard will slip a notch or two and well.....that sucks. I use a Norelco Multigroom but the guard doesn't lock so even though it works good as far as cutting hairs I wouldn't recommend it for real beard upkeep and maintenance.

I trim mine in the bathroom sink and the wife hates it. But she also dyes her hair and has dripped that motor oil looking crap on our carpets and stained spots so she doesn't have a leg to stand on :D

Last edited:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Whatever you do if you plan to keep the beard get a trimmer that can lock the guard height. Can't tell you how many times I have been trimming mine and the guard will slip a notch or two and well.....that sucks. I use a Norelco Multigroom but the guard doesn't lock so even though it works good as far as cutting hairs I wouldn't recommend it for real beard upkeep and maintenance.

I trim mine in the bathroom sink and the wife hates it. But she also dyes her hair and has dripped that motor oil looking crap on our carpets and stained spots so she doesn't have a leg to stand on :D
Right except wives win arguments, lol

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I put a small mirror in the shower. I use it to trim the goatee and also shave.
Clean up is easy, sweep up what you can, the rest gets rinsed down the drain after I shower...

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I put a small mirror in the shower. I use it to trim the goatee and also shave.
Clean up is easy, sweep up what you can, the rest gets rinsed down the drain after I shower...
yeah, i use the razor in the shower but the beard thing is fairly new to me. Wife says I look good with one. And without the 33 pounds I lost this year.

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I need a good one.

I bought the cheapest rechargeable one I could get. Its a Philips Norelco multigroom. I go outside in the yard when I need to do a big trim and then finish up inside. I put down wet paper towels in the sink which helps pick up most of the trimmings.