• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bed Cover Recommendations

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm looking for a secure/weatherproof bed cover for my 16 Ram 1500. Any recommendations or what brand to stay away from. Thanks in advance.

Minh Nguyen

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was looking for a cover for my new truck also and decided to get a windowless cap instead. I bike a lot and do long endurance races so nice to keep everything inside and out of sight. They also color matched it to the truck. Having it installed tomorrow.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Lots of discussion in murfs "mods to ram 1500" thread. Personally, I'm a huge fan of the Extang Encore. Opens (and lockable) from both ends, and about as weatherproof as they get.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@veedubtek I'lol catch up on that thread it has been a while since I looked at it. Thanks for the recommendation also.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
After trying many different brnads and types I can only recommend bakflip covers. I have the fibermax on my 2012 ram with 6.5 ft box. If your tailgate locks it is locked and it allows full bed acces without removing it. Mine has lasted 5 Maine winters on a truck that sits outside. The cover aldo acts as a backstop to protect to rear windshield for tossing in yard cleanup debris or campfire wood and has stood up to years of this kind of abuse. Easy snow/ice removal without risk of scratching and it open and closes easy in the winter. As for how it holds up to the hot sun of the south I don't know.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have had a couple of these Roll N Lock covers, they are awesome. http://rollnlock.com/
Same here.

The other brands that flip/fold up (like BakFlip) do offer full bed access but it blocks the rear window when folded. I didn't like that.

There are several "roll up" brands but the Roll-N-Lock has the smallest canister and takes of the least amount of bed space of all the roll ups (not counting the fabric/Velcro type which isn't secure).

Of all the lockable types I felt that the Roll-N-Lock had the strongest locking mechanism and with the aluminum panels the cover is extremely hard to penetrate.

This video may be a little biased, but it still give you a good idea...

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I put a Bak-Flip model Fibermax tonneau cover on my F250 and really like it. I had a similar model on my F150 before upgrading to the F250. The downside to most tonneau covers is that they are not 100% water tight. If they don't cover the top of the tailgate, during heavy rains water will get in between the tailgate and sidewall of the bed.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for that @Andy S I am looking for something to keep it mostly dry but still open. I am starting Fire school so I will have all my bunker gear to transport. With the smoke smell I would like to leave it in the bed though. So just trying to find a solution.

I like the BakFlip style even though it blocks the rear window it still opens as with my boat being towed I don't look out the back window anyways.

Thanks again to all the input I never realized how many styles and the price ranges of these things!