• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Beeping

ajaquino

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Oasis
Boat Length
I just test drove 2007 sugar sand oasis and starting to beep, maybe 1 beep every few minutes or so. The marina owner stated it was a depth finder as the water was very shallow. Is this true or should i be more concerned about a bigger problem? And if any other owners please share more info on the boat like manual etc. Im getting it for a good price but wondering if yamaha would be way to go. Please let me know.

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
What engine? Assuming you have the 200 or 250 optimax or even the 240 efi , you should get 1 beep when you turn the key, that's the system test. 4 beeps every 2 min. is either low oil or water in fuel, continuous beep is overheat. If you have smartcraft gauges their could well be a depth gauge connected, not real sure if factory installed them but I know Mercury makes them, I installed a version in my Mirage

ajaquino

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Oasis
Boat Length
250 optimax

ajaquino

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Oasis
Boat Length
And yes i believe smartcraft guages though led is not working

ajaquino

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Oasis
Boat Length
Thank you so much!

ajaquino

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Oasis
Boat Length
So i took the boat home today and just wanted to turn on boat without starting to test the radio....immediately gauges start to beep consistently and the rpm gauge flashes...is this something to worry about? Engine wasnt started just the aux to test radio. Let me know, thanks

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
I doubt it is anything since the engine isn't running, depending on the Smartcraft version you have it likely has a lot to do with it. Here's the shop manual for my 240efi, it has a lot of info on both types of Smartcraft systems. Don't know why it isn't included in the 250 manual. It can get complicated but keep in mind Mercury used this same system across their entire line so there are functions and settings listed for io and outboards as well as our jets. I have the V2.0 monitor as opposed to the full gauge setup; Boatinfo - Mercury Service Manual for 240 EFI JetDrive