• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best anchor for 2016 242 Limited S

DanF861

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I recently purchased a '16 242 Limited S and need to purchase an anchor. I'd like something that is light-weight (preferably fluke style) that will fit into the front anchor compartment. Will the anchors available on JetBoatPilot.com be a direct fit? It appears this anchor linked below will fit. Or what would you guys recommend? The lake is a sandy/muddy bottom. I don't anchor for very long or very often, so something basic will do.

Thanks!

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Have had 2 24 footers, over 6 years and have always used the Danforth. Many better anchors available, and even carry a Rocna, but have only deployed it in Bimini, where the bottom is really tough for a Danforth. Danforth is easiest and safest (suspended) to carry and for mud/sand bottoms, all that you need, particularly if just doing the lake/lunch hook.

DanF861

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply. Do you by chance know what size will be a direct fit into the anchor locker? Right now this seems to be the best option for what I'm looking for:

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I have one of those yamaha anchors for sale BTW.

DanF861

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have one of those yamaha anchors for sale BTW.
How much are you asking, and is it a direct fit for the 242 anchor locker? Are you including chain/rope?

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
$60 plus shipping. Yeah it should be a direct fit. Fit my ar 195. Yes chain and rope are included. It's in the marketplace for sale on here.

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply. Do you by chance know what size will be a direct fit into the anchor locker? Right now this seems to be the best option for what I'm looking for:

The key is the "stock width" (#2 in the linked diagram). I'm 99% sure that the 18.25inches of the S600, is the exact fit for the 242 to be suspended in the bow anchor locker.

Where most people go wrong and have issues with the Danforth is its need for scope. It needs 4+ to 1, rope to depth. That means that if you are dropping the hook in 10 feet of water you need 2-3 boat lengths of anchor line out for it to get a good hold on the bottom.
I have my kids drop the anchor overboard while backing, then pull back a boat length or 2, then have them resist letting out line to dig the anchor in. Once they feel the resistance (anchor set), then consider tieing off. Depending on traffic, you may want to tie a fender to your submerged anchor line to warn other boaters. I have never had to do this, but YMMV.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
This is a Danforth style anchor, not a Danforth-
Idk all I know it's it's a yamaha deluxe anchor kit. I bought it from the dealer when I bought my boat.

DanF861

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Idk all I know it's it's a yamaha deluxe anchor kit. I bought it from the dealer when I bought my boat.
Thanks for the info guys. Arcadyus I did find the same kit on Amazon new for $72 with free shipping so will probably just purchase it there. Appears to be the same Yamaha Deluxe Anchor kit.

Glen

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Thanks for the info guys. Arcadyus I did find the same kit on Amazon new for $72 with free shipping so will probably just purchase it there. Appears to be the same Yamaha Deluxe Anchor kit.
Do it that's a good deal mate.

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I ended up pulling the anchor provided by the dealer (Amazon.com : SeaSense 74538 Navy Anchor 20Lb Vnyl Coated : Sports & Outdoors) out and replacing with a Box Anchor (https://www.slideanchor.com/boxanchor). I could never for the life of me get the anchor to set. Since replacing it, I've never had a problem with getting it set. Additionally, it resets itself if wind shifts (seems to occur daily on the bay around lunch time). The only issue is that the Box, always brings up a ton of mud/muck from the bottom. I end up tying it off over the side and have my 1st mate drive the boat slowly to get it cleaned off before it comes aboard.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ended up pulling the anchor provided by the dealer (Amazon.com : SeaSense 74538 Navy Anchor 20Lb Vnyl Coated : Sports & Outdoors) out and replacing with a Box Anchor (https://www.slideanchor.com/boxanchor). I could never for the life of me get the anchor to set. Since replacing it, I've never had a problem with getting it set. Additionally, it resets itself if wind shifts (seems to occur daily on the bay around lunch time). The only issue is that the Box, always brings up a ton of mud/muck from the bottom. I end up tying it off over the side and have my 1st mate drive the boat slowly to get it cleaned off before it comes aboard.
I bring the line down the side and pull the anchor from the back so I can plop it up and down to get the muck of and not hit the bow fiberglass.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
They bring up the entire damn lake. But that means those suckers are set. We love our new box anchor. Get a danik hook to go along with it. Those things are super awesome.

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
They bring up the entire damn lake. But that means those suckers are set. We love our new box anchor. Get a danik hook to go along with it. Those things are super awesome.
Where do you put a danik on the box? I have a danik on the Spike for the rear.. But the Box, i just have 200' of line attached using a shackle.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I put it on the hook in the front of the bow. No dedicated place for an anchor on my moomba. We only went with 100ft. You don't need nearly as much with a box anchor and we don't anchor in water normally over 40 ft..

GoodCubanito

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I ended up pulling the anchor provided by the dealer (Amazon.com : SeaSense 74538 Navy Anchor 20Lb Vnyl Coated : Sports & Outdoors) out and replacing with a Box Anchor (Box Anchor — Slide Anchor). I could never for the life of me get the anchor to set. Since replacing it, I've never had a problem with getting it set. Additionally, it resets itself if wind shifts (seems to occur daily on the bay around lunch time). The only issue is that the Box, always brings up a ton of mud/muck from the bottom. I end up tying it off over the side and have my 1st mate drive the boat slowly to get it cleaned off before it comes aboard.

GoodCubanito

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
VaMarine,

Do you have a link to the one you bought? Does it fit in the anchor bay? Thanks