• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best cheap cover - Not OEM

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I have seen several covers over the web that appear to provide a reasonable fit to boats with our shape on it... but it's hard to tell on the screen... Has anyone had good luck with an aftermarket cover to keep dust and bird poop away while the boat is parked? I have an after market cover that the prior owner included, but it was a little worn then, and it is very worn now. Suggestions welcome.

My favorite aftermarket covers I ever bought were made of breathable cotton, but West Marine discontinued them since. You could cover the boat wet, and the boat would dry still...a rare treasure.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I looked pretty hard to find something decent and cheaper than the Yamaha cover. I came up pretty empty. I did get a cheap West Marine cover when I bought the boat from the last owner and it was one of those universal ones that tie to the trailer. It covered a bunch of the boat but let me tell you, what a huge hassle to put on. I ended up buying a Yamaha cover and putting the West Marine over it in the winter time. That worked pretty good for a couple of seasons but then the cover must have stretched a bit because it started holding water despite the antipooling poles and ripped.

After what happened to my Yamaha cover this offseason I think I’m going to get another universal and cover it with that for the winter.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've also got one of those trailer tie down covers which requires the anti pooling poles and associated support webbing. It's a real PITA. At the end of this season I'm covering my boat with a brand new 2 bay GARAGE. The wife is thrilled I'm building a garage for her to put her car in this winter. I didn't have the heart to tell her it was primarily for the boat. After all it's all about the boat.

Whiskey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've been looking for a good cover as well. After getting tired of dealing with a custom outfit near me that wasted my time, I just ordered a new factory cover and will have it modded to fit aroudn the third party wake tower that we have installed.

For the winter I will shrink wrap the whole thing and unwrap it next spring.

Reactions: Gym