• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best coolers for 212x... what's everyone using

Cohenmd86

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
currently using a small soft sided cooler to go under opening where the free space "under" the seat.....need something. Better but not up for spending 400$ for a yeti, found an englo for 150. Figured soft side best, what's everyone using?

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
my vote is for a yeti (sorry) i have had the soft side, and the standard igloo that comes with the boat, but nothing beats the Yeti. I keep it all the way in the front of the bow. it is a nice step up and also is a good foot rest for those sitting in the bow. It does not take up valuable storage under seats. and is really out of the way for the riders since it is all the way up front. i put matching sea deck on it to top things off

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
my vote is for a yeti (sorry) i have had the soft side, and the standard igloo that comes with the boat, but nothing beats the Yeti. I keep it all the way in the front of the bow. it is a nice step up and also is a good foot rest for those sitting in the bow. It does not take up valuable storage under seats. and is really out of the way for the riders since it is all the way up front. i put matching sea deck on it to top things off
@CAM212SS, Do you have a model or picture? I use a soft side under the port aft seat (where the stock igloo also goes). However, it is a pain to keep taking off the cushion and moving people around to get to the drinks. If my cooler fit the bow well and looked good, maybe I'd just keep it there since we don't often have more than two people up there and they are usually in the lounge position anyway.

Yeti and Grizzly are nice. But RTIC is exactly the same and often less expensive.

https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/coolers
Thanks, those look good too!

eticket

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

pagekl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeti Tundra 45 is a good size as well for our boats. Impressed with these Yeti's. Put ice in it on a Sunday, Wednesday still had some left.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
what size was the yeti pictured? Also, where do you get a size of sea dek like that?

Paulie44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Cam,

Do you think a 45 would fit? Trying to decide what size to get. Tundra 35 or 45. I plan to store in bow.
Thanks

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
i think the 45 would be too big. i have to pull the cooler back just a hair if i want to open the color, otherwise it hits the cushions. Now if you do not have the front cushions installed, it might... i would measure first

Paulie44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I think you are right. Your pictures helped me decide on the 35. Thanks! I wanted some room on both sides of the cooler.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've done substantial research on coolers. The rtic is the best bang for the buck for serious expeditions. For regular use the Coleman marine extreme is plenty. $70 bucks and it hold ice for 5 days. If you need 7 days, buy the rtic. If your rich and want everyone to say "whoa, you got a yeti" then go for it.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've done substantial research on coolers. The rtic is the best bang for the buck for serious expeditions. For regular use the Coleman marine extreme is plenty. $70 bucks and it hold ice for 5 days. If you need 7 days, buy the rtic. If your rich and want everyone to say "whoa, you got a yeti" then go for it.
We use the marine extreme as well. The one we use fits perfectly in front of the passenger captains chair turned when we are anchored

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I think you are right. Your pictures helped me decide on the 35. Thanks! I wanted some room on both sides of the cooler.
The Yeti's are definitely top of the line for coolers but if you've never seen one in person I would try and do so before investing $300 plus. The reason they work so well is the 3" of insulation on all sides which really cuts down on the storage capacity inside the cooler that most people don't notice. A yeti cooler that's the same on the outside of a traditional will have about half the capacity as it's counterpart. To have the same inside size you'll need a much larger cooler. That's the only reason I haven't pulled the trigger on one....yet :confused:

Last edited:

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seems that 10 years or so ago this wouldn't be a question, but then a company came along and convinced everyone that their tailgate cooler needed to be bear proof and hold ice for a week.

Paulie44

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
One day we will look back and wonder what we're we thinking. Maybe one day beer will stay cold without ice.
Thanks for the advice everyone.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length