• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Best day of a boaters life??

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've read in quite a few places that the best day of an boat owners life is either when they purchase the boat or when they sell it....

I disagree, I just paid the boat off today and to this point it is by far the best day for me!!!! I've had her for exactly 4 years and haven't had a single issue w/my AR, I LOVE these boats :)

Coming up on 9 years for us and our AR230 Magic.... Had a plug go bad on the water twice in 9 years, changed all 4 out in about 10 minutes and back on the water!

We look at the new ones every year, but for The Boy and I, we still like ours the best!

Biggest problem is finding more time to use her!

My best days are the day I bought it, the days when I get up and go to hitcher her up to my truck to hit the ramp. The worst time is when we come home and boating is over for the day.

We love our 07 AR 230.. "Twisted Sister" have had an excellent run with her since new. I hope that continues forever..
IMG_20140405_115909_940.jpg

I agree....I think this probably relates to all those poor bastards that have I/Os etc! I had my battles with my old I/O, never had a real tough issue with my jetboat (unless changing spark plugs is considered tough)! I watched my LX210 drive away with the new owner with both sorrow and elation. Sorry to see her go, elated to be getting an SX230!

I agree....I think this probably relates to all those poor bastards that have I/Os etc! I had my battles with my old I/O, never had a real tough issue with my jetboat (unless changing spark plugs is considered tough)! I watched my LX210 drive away with the new owner with both sorrow and elation. Sorry to see her go, elated to be getting an SX230!
I remember the day we watched our LS2000 drive away.... very sad, but happy for the new owners! The Boy cried for a week even though he got smoked like crazy getting towed behind at low speed (he was 3).....

We plotted and planned and schemed and waited for the 4-stroke motors, then gave them a year or so to see if they had any problems develop all the while watching others and their boats, and hanging out on our canoe..... Then one day BOOM! A brand new AR230 appeared in the driveway! We slept on her the first few days before we could take her out (He slept in the portside compartment until he outgrew it!) Best Toy we have ever bought......

Best day is when we load up and pull away from the dock. Have had a lot of those. Worst? When you have to bundle up for the last ride of the season. Then the long wait til spring.

I've read in quite a few places that the best day of an boat owners life is either when they purchase the boat or when they sell it....

I disagree, I just paid the boat off today and to this point it is by far the best day for me!!!! I've had her for exactly 4 years and haven't had a single issue w/my AR, I LOVE these boats :)

Congrats on paying off the boat. I think a certificate of (100%) ownership is the best boat mod you can get.

I still wish I could have kept the exciter. Awesome freakin boats.
I hope to pay mine off next month! Sold my '66 mustang to do it though. Pile of parts really lol!
Paying cash has always been my motto so this payment is killing me.

My best days are the day I bought it, the days when I get up and go to hitcher her up to my truck to hit the ramp. The worst time is when we come home and boating is over for the day.

x2

I think we would rather sell the house and live in a tent than get rid of are AR.

So many great days and memories I don't think I could pick just one. The day I bought each of my boats, the day I gave my old boat to my dad, the day my kids came home and found the new boat in the driveway, the first time the kids get up on a board/ski, etc. etc. etc. Smiling faces every time we go out.

The memories will last a life-time and great bonding time with kids that are growing up way too fast. Wouldn't trade them for the world.

Congrats! Get a chance to put it in the lake yet? I'm waiting on the marina to install my new lift... even then, certainly need some better weather out there! Though the power-wash rain cleaned off my black cover nicely today ...

Best Day in a Boaters Life? This Thursday! I really enjoyed a day back about 5 years ago too, when the Nauti Dawg came to live with us. Various bone headed ideas caused me to sell her. While it didn't seem to be a bad day for a month or so...it wasn't long until I realized what a loss it was to have sold her. Alas...spilled milk! Day after tomorrow, I pick up my new SX 240 (2012 new leftover)! So I have had 2 happy days with Yamahas as well gents...as well as many others on the water and playing with her in the barn! I enjoyed drilling every hole and filling them with new mods. Hmm, wonder if there is a pot going on as to how long it takes me to do the first mod on the new boat!

Congrats Mel! GREAT news!!! Can't wait to see it!

This was my best day....when I picked her up and drove back to Missouri!! Now it's everyday I get to go on the lake and enjoy Goin' Propless
myboat.jpg

@txav8r ... sure like your new ride!! And I know you will too!!

I'm starting to wonder if the older model boats such as the 230 series many of you guys have are more solid than these newer 240 series model many of us have. Two years ago, the good for nothing suction mirror fell off the windshield and damaged my helm ($400 repair), a year later, oiler cooler bolt sheared off (replaced all bolts and rubber gasket), and this year I'm dealing with stress cracks in the gel coat ($700 repair). Contacted Yamaha about cooler and gel coat and both times they refused to offer any assistance. I hope for the current asking price of these units, they made some improvements to their boats.

Back