• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best Fender for 2020 275 SE

AnnapolisCatt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SE
Boat Length
Found out today that the fenders that came with our boat do not work for the docks in our area. What are some good fenders to get for not so good docks? Do I go with the Mission ones or the regular old tube fenders?

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We use Taylor Made Big B fenders. My wife makes covers for ours from Boat Blanket material Sailrite - Fabric, Canvas, and Sewing Machines Since 1969 They have held up really well on our 35' sailboat. And they do not squeek against the hull.

20190728_184942.jpg

This is the wear of the boat blanket material after 6 mos in a slip.

20191023_110416.jpg

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I have 4. 2 are still in packaging and not blown up
They are out of stock until July.... 😕
I bought 4, discovered I really only need 2. I have 2 still in package unopened if you want them. $40 a piece which is what I paid for them. They are awesome and very durable, just don't need 4. They are the version 2's which I just bought a month ago before they sold out.

Jilly Ruby Jane

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Shoreline marine ribbed inflatable. It is manufactured with premium quality vinyl material and is capable of ensuring superb shield on the docks, the maximum weight of these fenders can be roughly 4 pounds and this commonly relies on what size you will pick. And comes with UV protection feature which means it can’t be damaged by sun exposure

Last edited:

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
We use Taylor Made Big B fenders. My wife makes covers for ours from Boat Blanket material Sailrite - Fabric, Canvas, and Sewing Machines Since 1969 They have held up really well on our 35' sailboat. And they do not squeek against the hull.

View attachment 120009

This is the wear of the boat blanket material after 6 mos in a slip
Found out today that the fenders that came with our boat do not work for the docks in our area. What are some good fenders to get for not so good docks? Do I go with the Mission ones or the regular old tube fenders?
@AnnapolisCatt .....my choice Taylor Made Big B either 8X20 or 10X26 with Premium Fender Covers, held in place with quick adjust Fendergrips.....all available at West Marine or any decent supplier. Have worked beautifully with some big express cruisers of mine so would be fine with a 275. The Big Bs are particularly good for the corrugated looking steel waterfront walls.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

View attachment 120009

This is the wear of the boat blanket material after 6 mos in a slip.

View attachment 120010
@zipper .....your Admiral has done an awesome job - they look better that premium covers that are available from top line producers and trying to fit the material around those extended rope ports is not easy! :)

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@zipper .....your Admiral has done an awesome job - they look better that premium covers that are available from top line producers and trying to fit the material around those extended rope ports is not easy! :)
Thanks, will relay to her. The boat blanket material is tough stuff. It makes a great cover for the fenders. She has it down as she has covered 10- 8"-12" fenders we use on the sailboat. We also started using it for dock line chafe guards at the fairleads. Way cheaper than buying off the shelf and they wear just as well if not better. I started this thread to show some of her boat projects. https://jetboaters.net/threads/sailrite-ultrafeed-model-lsz-1-premium.20397/ I need to update this thread to include closed cell foam cockpit cushions and the sunshades. If you have a few minutes, this is the search for and refit of the sailboat. https://jetboaters.net/threads/we-have-been-looking-to-add-to-our-boating-options.15561/

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Thanks, will relay to her. The boat blanket material is tough stuff. It makes a great cover for the fenders. She has it down as she has covered 10- 8"-12" fenders we use on the sailboat. We also started using it for dock line chafe guards at the fairleads. Way cheaper than buying off the shelf and they wear just as well if not better. I started this thread to show some of her boat projects. https://jetboaters.net/threads/sailrite-ultrafeed-model-lsz-1-premium.20397/ I need to update this thread to include closed cell foam cockpit cushions and the sunshades. If you have a few minutes, this is the search for and refit of the sailboat. https://jetboaters.net/threads/we-have-been-looking-to-add-to-our-boating-options.15561/
@zipper that was some journey. My wife's family were all sailors. They lived in Europe and brought a Dutch sailboat back with them in the 60s that she and her siblings (5 of them!) sailed on with the parents! The family had and still does have a cottage on an Island in the St. Lawrence and used to moor the sailboat in the cove. They all tease me that I "ruined her" by converting her from a sailor (I call her a rag bagger LOL) to a power boater. I did some sailing in the 70s on a 24' C&C - nice sailboat for a good rip in a high wind! Now I can say she ruined me by changing me from a power boater to a jet boater LOL. I have two friends, both with Benetaus, one a 50' the other a 60' that they keep in the Bahamas and cruise the Caribbean with from December (Aruba area - no hurricanes) to all the other Islands until May - then it's up on the hard for insurance reasons for hurricane season. Most people have no idea how much a sailboat changes with every few feet of length. In a power boat 2 or 3 feet makes a bit of difference in a sailboat that same length makes a huge difference as the beam and interior room increases a lot more proportionately speaking. If the Admiral and I were to live on one, from my experience, a 36' would probably do. Short enough for two to handle big enough to avoid divorce court.

Jane305

Reaction score
Boat Make
Grady White
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
VIVOHOME fenders are great. I am using them on a 2020 Yamaha 195S. They don’t fit “perfectly” because of the same of Yamaha but If you make sure to hang them just right they are fine.
They are a touch bigger than I expected. Although, the images I think make them seem smaller just know these are robust. The durability is great as well and my boating friends are actually a big envious.