• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Best. Gift. Ever.

Funny, but will you really put it on your boat?

Man! My wife and I have the discussion all the time, but it seems like only other boaters really get it.

Years ago i saw a coutesy sign of the 5 things to do when visiting a friend with a boat. One item was tip the captain (acknowledge gas consumption). I cant find it now

I dont ask for gas money .most everyone i know leaves a case of beer behind or a steak. If its a full 8 hour day of watersports it may be evaluated more closely

You guys have better friends than I do. I might get a drink or two for taking friends out.

I don't ask, nor apply pressure. It's my treat, when you are out on my boat. Of course, the class acts (which seems to be the folks who always are on boat) don't hesitate to pick up the tab at the riverside restaurant if we happen to make a stop. You either have it, and act accordingly; or you don't.

I tend to look at it as, I would have been out on the water anyway, with friends or without. So the gas money would have been blown either way. That being said, I did get a few drinks and dinner paid for over the season. Either way, neat sign.

@Bruce uh..no...it's not getting attached to our boat. luckily, most of my friends contribute without any prodding.

I'm with @OCMD and @GiddYupJoe . I never ask for gas money and always turn it down but usually accept offers to pay for dinner on the way home. This can get expensive depending on where we eat since the offers always seem to cover my wife and son as well.

When you come to shelbyvile , I
Just want thanks and smiles and laughter ;)
SWEET, @sx210owner is buying everyone's gas at Shelbyville this year! :thumbsup:

But seriously, I've never asked for gas money. Like @GiddYupJoe said, I'd be burning the gas anyway; but I've never turned it down when offered either.

Don't twist my words !!! That only counts for people that fly over 1000 miles to get there !!!! LOL !!

I tend to look at it as, I would have been out on the water anyway, with friends or without. So the gas money would have been blown either way. That being said, I did get a few drinks and dinner paid for over the season. Either way, neat sign.

I agree with @GiddYupJoe. But we're lucky enough to have friends throw us a $20 most of the time.

I look at it this way, if you are our invited guest, usually no pressure to flip us gas money (but of course its always nice). Other boating people almost always eagerly offer a ride in return down the road and you don't have to even ask.

BUT, if:
1. You asked to be taken out
2. I drag you and your kids around for hours on a tube or surfboard
3. You drink all my beer
4. Your kids run amok
5. You leave us the minute the boat hits the dock without carrying anything ashore
6. and you don't offer anything in return (even just some lunch for heavens sake)...

...most likely you are never getting a ride on my boat again.

Sad but true story. Luckily most normal non boating people "get it" and at least offer food/beverage and help clean up the boat on return to the dock.

We never expect anything but it's always welcome. On my boat we do what i want. But what i want is to enjoy it with everyone!
On a side note, that countertop looks almost just like mine.

Back