• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best Lakes

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We are going to start shopping for a lake house that we can get some use out of then retire in. We would like some seasonal changes living in Florida has no seasons. I would like to see some snow in winter for grand kids. We love Northern Ga, North Carolina, Tenn and Ky. I know there a hundreds of lakes but would like to hear from people that live on of frequent often and why they love their lake. Maybe this should be a new category on the site, All about Lakes..

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Norris Lake TN
Super clean, deep water, friendly people, lots of marinas
TN has no state income tax

RadioWaves

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's funny, the wife and I are doing just the opposite , we have a house at Kentucky lake and are looking for a place in Florida to retire because we are tired of the seasons. I hate the cold!! Ky lake is great though, huge with lots of coves to hang out in plus you can travel (we would also like to do the loop at some point.

Let me know if you need any info about Ky lake

druppert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lake Gaston, NC/VA
* 350 miles of shoreline for great sightseeing. Always something to look at
* Very active on the weekends during the summer provides a lively atmosphere but remains calm in the off-season and during the week
* deep water with very few open water hazards
* River fed/dam controlled makes for clean water & stable water level
* Very good fishing

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dale Hollow Lake in KY/TN is a great place. Wife and I vacation there every year. Mostly stone bottom helps keep the water pretty clear, and pretty.

I've visited Norris Lake for a wedding and took the boat. It was cooler than I expected in September, but was a neat lake regardless.

Keep in mind a LOT of the lake in KY are owned by the Army Corps of Engineers. Those lakes typically don't allow people to have docks on the water, and are used as "day lakes" mostly. There are a few with docks though, but they are typically busier than the others.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Lake Gaston, NC/VA
* 350 miles of shoreline for great sightseeing. Always something to look at
* Very active on the weekends during the summer provides a lively atmosphere but remains calm in the off-season and during the week
* deep water with very few open water hazards
* River fed/dam controlled makes for clean water & stable water level
* Very good fishing
We went to Gaston once and it was a gorgeous lake for sure; trailered up from Raleigh. The only thing I didn't like was you couldn't find a quiet cove anywhere because with so many residents on the lake almost every shoreline area was somebody's back yard. Any secret spots you know of?

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Norris. I will have a home there one day.

Ismael Breton

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Center Hill Lake. One of the cleanest, most fun, and beautiful lakes in TN. Fall on Center Hill is unbelievable.

Vandyman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
If you want a private dock, you need to typically look at TVA lakes at least in TN. We have a house on Tims Ford Lake near Winchester. Great small town, 1 1/2 hours from Nashville, an hour from Chattanooga or Huntsville, and not overly crowded. As someone mentioned, TN has no state income tax and low property taxes (sales tax is near 9% tho). Near Monteagle Mountain and Lynchburg for great hiking/trails.

Papa

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Our place is on Lake Sinclair. It is a GA Power (Southern Company) lake. The best thing about it and Lake Oconee is they are dam controlled and are never low on water. They let the lake down every 4 years so we can do dock maintenance and sea wall repairs. The people are so laid back and nice we plan to retire there.
Papa