• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best octane booster for rotax superchargers?

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Does anyone recommend a octane booster brand for rotax superchargers??
Any issues with using it?

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@wango tango Any octane booster will work. I was saying on the other thread that you need to carry some especially with your previous experience with bad gas, or frequent that same gas station. I keep a small bottle in case I have to refuel at a marina as it hard to find anything more than 90 octane.

wango tango

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Added it yesterday to see if my loss of rpm was from octane and I actually lost 50 rpm! Yellow gunk on spark plugs?

ALAN MANN SR.

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
When I first got my 2015 165 HO, I tried using Non-ethanol gas 90 octane with octane boost to 93 and that is where I had all my problems. Boat would not run, miss fire and fouled plugs. I now use regular ethanol pump gas 93 octane and Marine Stable every tank full and no problems. I also fill the tank after each run and keep it full. 8100 RPM and 52 to 56 MPH depending on water conditions and passengers. I also have used 87 octane only if I have to, but NO octane booster, as a matter of fact octane booster is nothing but alcohol which draws water.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All those octane booster don't really boost octanes but rather retard the ignition. Same difference really - those simply prevent detonation/anti-knock and save your engine if it is tuned for premium octane.
Torco is probably the best - I would just carry a 16oz can of it if you are boating in areas where premium may not be available. It colors the plugs orange/rusty but it is not associated with any known problems, just looks weird, it 's the MMT in it I think, which is otherwise kind of banned.

--