• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best Trailer Tongue Jack

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not my find, need to thank @gmtech16450yz.

When I first looked at it - I just chuckled. $300 for a tongue jack??? You have got to be kidding me.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YWLBHLE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
No way!

That was a couple months ago. Then last week I almost hit the rear gate of the new truck with the coupler when the tongue popped up - with the boat/trailer combo wobbling dangerously on top of the OEM jack looking like it is going to fold any second - does it all the time in uneven terrain or on a slope... And every time I need to extend the OEM jack anywhere close to the max range - it looks like it is going to fold.

That time was it. I ordered the ARK 750. With the removable magnetic handle.
upload_2018-7-18_0-6-56.png
upload_2018-7-18_0-10-5.png
upload_2018-7-18_0-14-51.png

What it looks like next to the OEM:
upload_2018-7-18_0-12-9.png

What a nice surprise when I got it, and installed! it is absolutely worth every penny. Built like a tank. Weighs about 50+lbs, comes almost completely preassembled, minus the wheels. It even has grease in it already! And a grease zerk for the future maintenance.
upload_2018-7-18_0-5-49.png

Comes with real bearings for the two large wheels.
upload_2018-7-18_0-8-11.png
upload_2018-7-18_0-8-34.png
upload_2018-7-18_0-8-53.png

It extends about 10" higher than the OEM yet folds to the same size. For anyone who likes to extend the jack to raise the bow and force the water out the back - this is your tool! Amazing.
upload_2018-7-18_0-13-17.png
upload_2018-7-18_0-14-11.png
upload_2018-7-18_0-15-59.png

I managed to disassemble the OEM without taking off the bowstop/winch assembly - by using a flat 3/4" wrench that reached inside the "cup" holding the two short bolt nuts.
It is free for the taking - if anyone needs one.
upload_2018-7-18_0-10-49.png

Of note:
They have a smaller model ARK 500 which would still be a huge step up from the OEM, but the 750 is THE BOMB. It has the sure-footed-ness I wanted and is extremely well made.

I needed 4 new M12 - 1.75x100mm bolts (~1/2x4") - as the factory sends ~3" bolts that are too short for the 240 Shorland'r frame. So, add another $10.

--

Last edited:

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just to note.
The model is ARK XO750 or XO500.

(I just tried to search for the "cheaper" unit and could not find it at first).

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
How hard is it to take off the OEM jack? I tried jacking mine up l the way to make a better angle to clean the swim deck, but that fucked felt and looked like it would buckle. So now I lower it all the way to give it better strength. Did you put it where the OEM was?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How hard is it to take off the OEM jack? I tried jacking mine up l the way to make a better angle to clean the swim deck, but that fucked felt and looked like it would buckle. So now I lower it all the way to give it better strength. Did you put it where the OEM was?
You are correct, the OEM jack is going to buckle on someone... I felt that way, too, and decided to change it. Couldn't be happier.

The problem is - I needed the OEM jack raised to the max and propped on a cinder block - to drain the hull as the lowest point of the hull is not the actual bilge but rather it is closer to the bow where water tends to collect.

The install is easy if you can unload the boat and take the bow stop/winch post off. That is where the OEM attaches with short two bolts. Those are hard to access when the winch post is still attached. Not impossible, but tricky.
upload_2018-7-20_11-58-33.pngupload_2018-7-20_11-58-39.png
Hope this helps.
The ARK 750 attaches with a more conventional brace mechanism. I was able to fit mine next to the OEM winch post, fits great with no restrictions. I did need 4 new (longer) bolts for the ARK brace to fit over the Shorland'r tongue frame.

--

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
After looking at mine again today I figured I had to take the winch off to access those bolts. I'll just make one of my homies that always gets to surf and ride for free to do it one day when I'm on the lake lol.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would think the XO500 would be plenty for the 190 and save some $$. The X0750 could be an overkill, lol.

--

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks for the post nice jack and interesting design..
I just replaced the OEM with this one from Northern Tool and it fits using the OEM bracket you don't have to bolt on another bracket.

Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 10.32.51 PM.png

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I managed to disassemble the OEM without taking off the bowstop/winch assembly - by using a flat 3/4" wrench that reached inside the "cup" holding the two short bolt nuts.
It is free for the taking - if anyone needs one.
This has been spoken for, no longer available.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
QUICK UPDATE
If anyone is on the fence about this jack, after having used it for about a month now I would say - get it.
This trailer jack is just soooo good.

upload_2018-8-6_16-40-44.png

--

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
QUICK UPDATE
If anyone is on the fence about this jack, after having used it for about a month now I would say - get it.

View attachment 80718

--
I have called the manufacturer twice and have got no reply as I had a few questions on the XO500. Now I’m leaning against this for only this reason. Can someone post a picture of where to access the bolts to remove the factory tire jack. I guess I’m not seeing how to get to this. Let me be more specific on a 19’ trailer as the longer trailers seem different.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thanks for the post nice jack and interesting design..
I just replaced the OEM with this one from Northern Tool and it fits using the OEM bracket you don't have to bolt on another bracket.

View attachment 79588
On the other side of the 1/2” pin there is another hole is this for a 3/8” pin or is it 1/2” as well?

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
QUICK UPDATE

View attachment 80718

--
Also the only way to mount this (or any kind that attaches the other way over the trailer) on a 19’ or at least mine is to move the hole boat back as the trailer is too short in front of the bow stop/winch assembly and the front of the trailer.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
4833EA36-C0B6-4642-8145-E51EEA865264.jpegUpdate I was able to make this just fit without moving the boat back. The only way to access the bolts on the 19’ trailer is to remove the bow stop/winch assembly. The jack has a five year warranty and is a significant improvement over the stock one.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Can you fully retracked the tongue with that new hitch on?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 81550Update I was able to make this just fit without moving the boat back. The only way to access the bolts on the 19’ trailer is to remove the bow stop/winch assembly. The jack has a five year warranty and is a significant improvement over the stock one.
In my 240 I was able to reach those two internal short bolts with a flat/thin wrench, there is a small opening at the bottom, so I did not need to mess with the bow stop. Glad you were able to fit the mount! That Fulton looks way more solid.

--

Nick212

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
You may want to consider the Trailer Valet. It is very helpfull if you need to move your trailer when not connected to the tow vehicle. I a model 5X on a 2018 212 Limited. I can disconnect frpm the truck the roll it anywhere I want.