• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best way to clean ar240 seats??

ct jet boater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2013 ar240 and I'm starting to notice the mess part of the seats is getting dirty and Discolored. I've tried the magic eraser, Diluted Maguire's degreaser, soap and water and I'm not getting the results I'd like. Does anyone have any tips or self remedies? 20180605_045834.jpg

renrab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Chris Jordan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been using Spray 9 in my 2010 SX240 since buying the boat new in 2010, works great. I just bought my new 2018 AR240 and will continue to use Spray 9

Papa

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
CT,
We boat in GA, read RED CLAY, and we clean our seats with starbrite mold and mildew spray. Does a great job with those stains. There is a thread on here somewhere that did a comparison on seat cleaners and starbrite was the best. I think it was Will who did the test.
Papa

Patriot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Was just starting a thread on this issue. Suggested threads popped up, clicked on this one. BAM. Questions answered. Same issue with textured area of seats never looking white. Ordered the drill brush and Spray 9. Hoping for the best :)

Chris Jordan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Starbrite makes a great product. But be careful with the Mold & Mildew spray. Use it sparingly as it is harsh and will eventually eat through the stitching and vinyl.

Hilario Perez

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like to use Awesome you can buy it it the dollar store it works great and for the price my set are really white and clean I used it this weekend to be ready for my outing this holiday weekend coming up.

Jason Benson

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I like to use Awesome you can buy it it the dollar store it works great and for the price my set are really white and clean I used it this weekend to be ready for my outing this holiday weekend coming up.
I use totally awesome to clean my seats as well and it works great! Plus it’s only a dollar!

CraigLombardi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just watched a video that jetboatpilot made comparing all the cleaners on the market for mold. Starbright won. Don't have time to find the video but if you go onto YouTube and type in jetboatpilot you will be able to find the video

Patriot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Received the Spray 9 Sunday. Tried it on a seat with soft bristle brush I had, amazing results. Can't believe my seats are white again. Now even a couple stain areas I had previously used a magic eraser on are not noticeable. Tried the drill brush attachment later, easy to use, even whiter now :). The spray also worked wonders on my gas filler cap which was always dirty.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Received the Spray 9 Sunday. Tried it on a seat with soft bristle brush I had, amazing results. Can't believe my seats are white again. Now even a couple stain areas I had previously used a magic eraser on are not noticeable. Tried the drill brush attachment later, easy to use, even whiter now :). The spray also worked wonders on my gas filler cap which was always dirty.
I'm intrigued! Tried about everything... but Spray 9.
Did you use the "heavy duty marine"?
Does it contain any bleach?

--

Patriot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I used Marine Spray 9, Heavy-Duty cleaner/degreaser. Says it contains chloride, may be similar to chlorine, not sure.

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
303 Cleaner works for me. Spray 9 seems a bit strong for vinyl seats but I've never used it.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used Marine Spray 9, Heavy-Duty cleaner/degreaser. Says it contains chloride, may be similar to chlorine, not sure.
I received mine, haven't used it yet. But to answer my own questions, the active ingredients are ammonium chlorides, so no bleach. Those are basically cationic (positive charge) detergents, should be non-corrosive. Not oxidizing.

--

Jilly Ruby Jane

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Star Brite Mold, Its use is really good, I am very happy about it. You can find more information about cleaners for boat seats in here.

Last edited:

Bubba7827

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I had heavy mildew and tried the amazon brush with star brite. It cleaned up good enough to use, but I was a little disappointed. Disappointed in myself mostly for letting it grow so much mildew.

Jane305

Reaction score
Boat Make
Grady White
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Star Brite is amazing, what I like about this product is the convenience it provides with its easy-usage features. No heavy scrubbing, just spread it out evenly, wait a couple of minutes and hose it off.

Jilly Ruby Jane

Reaction score
Boat Make
Bayliner
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Marine 31 mildew remover. Took off mold that was on my boat cushions that other products could not. Made the outside 12 year old seats look great. Also worked great on plastic in removing mold stains. Did not work so great on caulk around the bathroom, so I had to recaulk. Also does not seem to work good on fabric type shower curtains. They are custom for a boat so I was hoping it would get them looking like new. Worked great ok on boat fenders and made them look a little cleaner. Does smell strong so open windows if in doors. Smells like bleach with a hint of something else. Also it’s super expensive at around $20. I would expect to pay maybe 10 or under. Does go a long way and I still have about half the product left after cleaning a lot of things and it’s not something that’s used daily.

Last edited:

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Mold was taking over all the seats in my boat. I purchased different products recommended from here. Nothing worked and I couldn't stop it. So I said Fck it, gotta try something else. Took 50/50 bleach and water along with a plastic scrapper (similar used in Bondo repair) and worked it in in small patches at a time. Amazingly it started coming off. Had to scrub like crazy, but started seeing results. Rinsed immediately with water. Ended up doing the entire boat. Never seen the seats that white. After drying from the rinse, I heavily applied 303 Protectant and let it soak in (multiple applications). 3 months later and still looking great. Don't think the leather is the same on all boats and I'm NOT recommending it. I'm stating that it worked for me. This was my last resort.